Pre-1997 Models

6inch lift questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 11:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6inch lift questions

I want a 6 inch lift and 35s for my truck. I'd like to do it right the first time. I want a kit with exteded radius arms and i'll probly need a steering stabilizer? What kit would be the most complete with high quality? Also, will I need to have my driveshafts extended? One last question, will 15x10 wheels rub with a 6" and 35s? Sorry about all the questions, i just dont want to mess something up or have some unexpected suprises.

Old 05-14-2004, 11:03 AM
I hear from guys around here that skyjacker is the kit for ford trucks. I would look them up on the web and call their customer service rep and get it straight from them. They apparently started out designing and manufacturing lifts specific for ford trucks and are easier to install with less modifications. Sounds like you're plannin on doin it right. I think the 15x10's may be a little small for that tire but its gonna be the wheel offset that pushes the rim further out away from the frame that counts.

Old 05-17-2004, 12:22 AM
I had a Superlift 4" kit that i was extremely happy with. At the time i bought it the superlift was one of the cheapest kits i could find for my truck. I was really impressed with the quality though. I had 35x12.5 swampers on 15x10 rims and the tires did rub the radius arms (stock). If you go with the extended radius arms i'm not sure if the tires will rub the frame. I didn't have any problems driving my truck, i just had to do 3 point turns to get into tight parking spots.

-Jon

Old 05-18-2004, 02:46 PM
Cool will you be doing the install? See my post: https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...hreadid=157272

Quick Reply: 6inch lift questions