Pre-1997 Models

1989 Ford Bronco

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 02:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 1989 Ford Bronco

Alright so lately I have been looking for a Bronco. I found one that I fell in love with but it got sold before I could talk to the guy. I was bummed. Then I came across this hunk of junk right here.

http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ca...lor=&cardist=7....
First off I don't think it is worth the 2,890. I'm going to try and haggle the guy down to about 2k. I want to see the interior make sure it is still nice. Because after I am done with what I have planned I won't have much money for anything else.

First off I want to know how much it would cost me to drop in a new 351W in there and change from automatic to manual.

Second, I was talking with a friend of mine and he said to fit 40in tires in there I'll need new axles and gears. He recommended D60s. He also said I would need about a 10inch lift to get them in there but I was going for 6 inch lift..looks like that won't happen.
How much would you say all of that would cost me as well? He suggested that I get a 6 inch lift with 36in tires but I figure why not find out how much it would cost me.

I'm gonna get rid of that nasty ugly tan color going to go with a black color. I already know what that is gonna run me.

I'm also looking for a good dual straight pipe exhuast system and an intake but don't know where to look around for some. Because honestly I don't know anything about what I am talking about or what the hell is going on.

I would like to know where I should get my sound equipment at. I am looking at getting a nice sound system all custom built by me and my friend. We were looking at 6 12s. 3 in each speaker box. Then getting some speakers to replace the stock ones. So I was wondering where I should begin to look.

Again I don't know anything that is why I am trying to do my homework on this so I don't look like an idiot when I take this puppy into the shop to get all pretty'd up. So any advice, hints, tips, whatever would be awesome. I know I want to make my truck BIG and loud so yea.

I'm gonna be working on this thing all Summer because my job pays well 1k a week. I'm gonna make around 12k this Summer so I am trying to keep a budget around 10k.

Old 05-08-2004, 11:39 PM
You need to give us more info on specifically what you want. I could easily spend 10,000 just on the engine. Also i hope you plan on doing a lot of the work yourself, if you bring it to a shop it will run you thousands of dollars in labor. Also with a truck that old plan on replacing all the suspension bushings, body mounts, etc. If you go with a stright pipe exhaust the truck won't pass state inspection.

Figure about $1500 for cheap wheels and tires, about $1000 for the lift kit. To switch axles you run into fabricating custom brackets and parts.

-Jon

Last edited by Ford4ever; 05-08-2004 at 11:48 PM.
Old 05-09-2004, 05:36 AM
I had already planned on switching all that out. I was trying to figure out a ballpark figure of what everything else would cost me.

Quick Reply: 1989 Ford Bronco