Pre-1997 Models

Help I can't cure this issue!!!!!!

Old 04-07-2004, 10:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help I can't cure this issue!!!!!!

Hello,
I have a 95 F-150. For the last month or so for the first 30 minutes of driving the truck pings and sputters and has a total loss of power when I give more then 1/4 throttle. When the outside air temp is higher then 70 degrees the truck runs fine from the start. I have tried posting this problem numerous times using different descriptions of the problems. But have not had much feed back. If you have any ideas of what I might check or of had a similar problem please let me know. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Old 04-10-2004, 08:15 AM
Try replacing the air charge temp. sensor. It tells the computor how warm the incoming air is.

Old 04-10-2004, 03:27 PM
It sounds like a fuel delivery problem, i would start by checking for codes. Second you would want to hook it up to a scantool to read live data while the truck is running. Because your truck is OBD1 it really only looks for opens and shorts in the sensor circuits. If a sensor is just reading out of range the computer won't catch it, it will just adjust the fuel and ignition accordingly which could cause the problems your having.

-Jon

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help I can't cure this issue!!!!!!