Fixed my dif/tranny trouble

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2003, 08:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fixed my dif/tranny trouble

Remember my dif/tranny problem:
https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...hreadid=135288

Everyone said it couldn't be done...except I found a way and it worked

Basically, the E4OD tranny has a speed sensor input in the tail shaft of the tranny. I went through all of the electrical diagrams of the F150s from 95' until I found a year that supported a non-ABS rear dif and received all of it's information on speed and shift points from the transmission.

Well it worked, I found that a 91' F150 E4OD sensor plugged in with the wire harness to the 95's rear dif input everything worked. Then I had the speedometer recalibrated.

So you can use a Ford 9 inch dif with 95 trucks with ABS!

Pete

Old 12-07-2003, 09:34 PM
SWEET

Very nice information to know.

Old 12-08-2003, 05:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I plan on putting a 9in in my truck. Its a 94 Lightning.

Heres some questions for ya.
Does your ABS still work or no?
What all wasl included in this swap? Im talking about the transmission parts, I got the rear all figured out.

I plan on using a 9in with the same gear ratio that I have, 4.10s, and I know you can only get 4.11s for the 9in but that doesnt confront me. I plan on using a spool (less moving parts). I figure that I have to machine the spool to get the excitor ring on and poke a hole in the center section for the sensor.

If I could get away without maching anything and still have the ABS Ill go that route.

Old 12-08-2003, 09:55 PM
Well my problem was that I found a 9 inch housing from a 76...so there is no way in hell it would have ABS.

They may have some ABS units out there.

I don't have ABS anymore. Sometimes I miss it, but I've never had it in any of my other cars.

The parts I got were:
Ford 9 Inch complete axle and dif.
Brand new gears. I ended up with 377
I custom made traction bars from the dif to the frame. These work amazingly well.
1991 E40D Transmission speed sensor and wiring harness. Make sure you have the proper gear in the transmission tail shaft or it won't work. Wire up that sensor to the wires that went to the original dif.

Before I forget, you need to get a conversion U-Joint for the drive shaft and the dif (depending on year) a parts store can help you with that though!

Pete

Quick Reply: Fixed my dif/tranny trouble