Pre-1997 Models

Fog Lights??

Old 12-09-2003, 09:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fog Lights??

I'm looking into getting some much needed fog/driving lights. any ideas on what to get?

Thanks
Nick

Old 12-09-2003, 11:17 PM
Check out

http://www.rallylights.com/

That's one of the Websites for Susquehanna Motorsports who sell a lot of lights to SCCA rallyists. I'm happy with my Hella 550s (2 each fogs and drivers) but there are other options in size, shape and power. Fogs (true fogs, not the crap that Detroit puts on most vehicles) are very different from drivers. They throw a very wide, short-range beam with a sharp cutoff on the top edge. What Detroit supplies as a fog light is usually a cornering beam, (i.e. a mid-range driver)

Old 12-10-2003, 03:33 PM
do you have any pics on where you mounted them and how they look

Old 12-10-2003, 07:59 PM
Sorry no pix. I mounted them on a Smittybuilt Outland brush bar (just the center section, The headlight wings look wierd to me.) I mounted the drivers above the light bar and the fogs underneath. They're not as bright as the big off-road lights but they make night driving a whole lot more pleasant.

The trick setup is to take the power for the fog light relay off the parking lamps not off the low beams. In pea soup thick fog, you can run on the fogs alone. It isn't legal but it works a whole lot better than the lows and the fogs together

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fog Lights??