Pre-1997 Models

Project truck finally started

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2003, 07:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Project truck finally started

I finally got my truck and my tools over to my new shop and started doing some "minor" work to my F-150. Right now the bed is off, the front fenders and radiator core support are off, the engine and trans are unhooked and ready to come out first thing tomorrow morning. By next week i'll have it down to a bare frame and i can start grinding and sandblasting. I'm fully boxing in the frame and fabricating all the suspension brackets and crossmembers.

I have a fully rebuilt C6 trans with extra clutchpacks and a full manual valvebody that i put together last winter. My 393 stoker kit is here with 11:1 compression forged aluminum probe pistons w/ Hastings Power Flex racing rings. Forged H-Beam rods and a 393 nodular crank. The 351W block is stripped down and ready to be machined.

I plan on ordering a heavy duty 9" rear form Currie enterprises with a locker and 4.56 gears. There prices look pretty reasonable
all i have to due is weld some trusses on it and paint it and its ready to bolt in.

The truck should be done by July unless i run out of cash I'll post some pictures next week. Anybody have any ideas on what else i should do to this thing? I'm trying to make it as unbreakable as a can.

-Jon

Old 12-07-2003, 07:48 PM
well, what year is the project?? How much are you going to lift it?? I wish I had the time and money to do something like that. Yeah, let us see pics as soon as possiable.

Old 12-07-2003, 08:08 PM
It's a '92 F-150. Right now it has a 4" suspension lift and 3" body lift. The body lift is going away and i should end up with about a 6" suspension lift and somewhere around 35" to 39" tires. I was going to go with a huge lift and 48" tires but i want to be able to have fun with it offroad without tipping over!

-Jon

Quick Reply: Project truck finally started