The Outdoors Off-roading, Hunting, Fishing, Camping, and Weaponry. What are you out doing in your F-Series?

Game Camera Picture Viewer

Old 03-13-2016, 12:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Game Camera Picture Viewer

This is for all you Hunting Types. like me, Lol....I have a place in Burlington, West Virginia. About 65 acres in total. That's where I hunt. At the moment I have nine fully working Trail Cameras. I'll probably be buying another 1-2 here shortly because I still have a few areas I need to spy on. At first I was just swapping out SD cards. It didn't take long for me to decide to buy one of those picture viewers. The first one I got was called a "Cuddeview", made by Cuddeback. It had a small 2" screen, and it was slow and small. The one I've been using for several years is one made by Moultrie. It's a small 4.3" viewer. Not that bad. I can view pics and videos, and I can Zoom the photos in bigger. Pretty nice. It will hold an SD card in one slot. Then I can take the SD card from the trail cam., put it in the other slot and load the pictures to the "Holding" SD card from the camera. I can then erase the cameras card and put it back in the camera. But.....the screen is still a bit small. And it's slow, really slow to load pics.. But the MAIN issue is this. I may check 4-5 cameras at one time, sometimes more. Once I load those pics onto the holding card, then take the SD card out of the viewer to then load those pics onto my Laptop, the pictures get all jumbled up. I then have to separate, rename and place the pics, in order, in the correct folder for each camera. It takes a lot of time. Don't worry, I'm getting to the point . I bought a Sony 13" flip Laptop about two years ago now. I had planned on taking it out with me on the trail to act as a Picture Viewer/Card Reader. I would have a nice large screen to load the pics in on, put them in order and in the folders as I checked the cameras. But Then I got worried about damaging it. So I didn't do that too much. So then I though about something in between, like a tablet? So here we are. I don't know much about those things. And I didn't want a full blown Tablet. Just something with a screen larger than 4", that I can view and download my pics onto. Problem was finding one that held a regular SD card. Now I've discovered these. One is by Wildgame Innovations. It's called a 7" Trail Tab. The other is by Moultrie, and it's simply called a 7" Tablet Viewer. The WGI looks like it's been around a while. The Moultrie looks like it's Brand New. I can't find anything on it all. Just what's on the Moultrie website. Has anyone used the WGI Trail Tablet? I know nothing of how Tablets work. I here Andriod a lot. I'm guessing that
s the processor? The reviews on it are mixed. Most complaints are that it's slow, and tends to freeze, just what I Don't want. What do you guys think?

The first viewer that I used.

The Moultrie viewer that I'm using now.

It's nice for what it is. Just small and slow

The Wildgame Innovations 7" Tablet

The new Moultrie 7" viewer. Can't find any info on this yet.

Old 03-13-2016, 12:30 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
My Garmin GPS has a micro-SD card slot and it can read JPGs (picture files) written on other devices. My GPS stays in my truck so I almost always have it available so i would try to use it and that would leave me with one less device to have to buy and/or carry around. IIRC my GPS has a 3.7 inch screen and it's big enough to view pictures on without any problems But I think Garmins now also builds models with 6 and 7 inch screens.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Game Camera Picture Viewer