The Outdoors Off-roading, Hunting, Fishing, Camping, and Weaponry. What are you out doing in your F-Series?

Hand tools tomahawks and axes

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 08:28 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hand tools tomahawks and axes

From early days kids are taught to play two main roles in this world - the roles of a women and a man. While all girls play with barbies and learn how to cook, boys play with toy weapon and learn the basics of how to survive and protect.

Do you remember yourself throwing a knife or an axe on the tree and hitting a target and how much fun was it back then?

Weapon belongs to man's hands, so when the day comes he could handle it properly.
A knife, axe or a tomahawk will be more than helpful on any outdoor adventure whether it's a small camping trip or an expedition on your JEEP.

One of the popular products of this kind is a tactical tomahawk. It is a multifunctional, light and durable hand tool that will not let you down even in the most extreme situations.
Good old axes will never come out of style and still attract a lot of customers.

Today we would like to bring up the list of top 6 tactical tomahawks and axes from the section Axes & Hatchets at CARiD.com .

Which one would you choose?

# 1 Gerber® - Downrange Tomahawk

# 2 CRKT® 2725ERCRKT - Kangee T-Hawk Axe Head 2725ERCRKT - Orange

# 3 SOG® F01TN-CP - Tactical Tomahawk

# 4 Gerber® 31002647 - Sport Axe II

# 5 Gerber® 31002070 - Bear Grylls Hatchet

# 6 Gerber® 31000913 - Sheath Sport Axe

Which one of those 6 would go with, and what is better for you a Tomahawk or an Axe?

Old 06-19-2015, 10:20 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
I like #2 and #5. Don't know why other than they just look functional for the woods.

Old 06-19-2015, 04:18 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
I have #4 but mines not green.

Old 06-19-2015, 06:10 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
I'm thinking there's no way I could dress like that guy in the first pic here in Arizona!

- Jack

Old 06-22-2015, 07:39 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
# 2 was so popular, we're sold out on this item over the weekend. The rest of products are still in stock, so if you guys are interested, just let me know.

Old 01-26-2016, 02:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I own the United Cutlery M48 Apocalypse tactical tomahawk.

Three reasons:

1 - The breaker spike. This will crack bricks into rubble, can trough dirt to loosen soil, and can puncture sheet metal easily. Excellent demolition. Instead of dulling the blade chopping roots or digging out rocks, use the spike end. Excellent for splitting wood as well, before chopping it up with the very capable blade end.

2 - The paracord handle. For survivalists, a good length of paracord is always handy in an emergency. Untie the bottom, and you get 10 feet of rope.

3 - Affordable and disposable. If you lose it, destroy it, or get it stolen, no biggie. Nice and easy to get another. There's investing in proper tools, and there's consumable materials. I think of this guy as consumable. I did not get it for bragging rights or to show how I can spend a bunch of money, I bought it to abuse it and grab another. Kinda like sanding belts or raw lumber, it'll get used up.

Complaints - I wish it had a full-length tang for more strength, and people have broken theirs with extreme use. Then again, I'm not trying to destroy mine, just use the hell outta it.

Quick Reply: Hand tools tomahawks and axes