The Outdoors Off-roading, Hunting, Fishing, Camping, and Weaponry. What are you out doing in your F-Series?

Camping trip with family and it was my first time towing a landscaping trailer

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 01:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Camping trip with family and it was my first time towing a landscaping trailer

We went dry tent camping as usual when the season starts for us in northern California. Our typical family spot is up hwy 70, 30 miles before Quincy. I would normally have the truck packed tightly plus the cab. To be able to put all of the years of acquired camping gear,coolers and fire wood in a utility/landscaping trailer that a co-worker is 15 minutes is an understatement. To add it was great to watch the temp of transmission on the Gryphon tuner as we went through Lassen national forest. Driving up, it hit 190 for only about 20 minutes due to some road work and sitting there. Once we we moved along it stayed at 165-175. Nothing like good family memories for all of us!!

1st time towing!

Great northern California summer nights

All the firewood was towards the back.The ice chests and fishing poles were in the bed of the truck.

Old 06-03-2015, 08:05 AM
When my kids were young and we did a lot of camping, we took a lot of videos, now that they have moved out, watching them brings back some real good times. Take a lot of videos, they grown up fast and are gone!

Old 06-03-2015, 12:53 PM
I hear ya. We have a lot videos and pictures. Pictures of there first caught fish, rope swings, learning how to cook on the camp stove, etc.. It's important this generation of kids stays in school and has some morals, and valuable traits.
Were looking forward to purchasing a travel trailer in the next 5-7 years. This way when I retire i can apply to be a camp host (7-9 months out of the year) and have the family bring the grand kids up to where they camped as kids.

Quick Reply: Camping trip with family and it was my first time towing a landscaping trailer