The Outdoors Off-roading, Hunting, Fishing, Camping, and Weaponry. What are you out doing in your F-Series?

Setting up the Redneck Blinds-Finally

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 09:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink Setting up the Redneck Blinds-Finally

Last Aug. (2013), I bought two Redneck Predator 360 hunting blinds. They 5'x6', and about 6'10" tall. Interior dimensions are slightly less. One I ordered with a five foot tower, and the other with a ten foot tower. They were suppose to go out to our place in Burlington, West Virginia for hunting. And wouldn't you know it, That's about the time my back went out of wack again. I'm talking bed ridden. And there hasn't been much improvement. I'm in a back brace most of the time. I had a fusion at L3-L4 in Jan of 2010. Now this problem appears to be at the L5-S1 area. But I'm not gonna get into all that. I have to be very careful about bending, stooping, etc., or it will "go out". And that will put me back in bed. SO, until about four weeks ago they have been sitting in my driveway. About mid Aug. this year I was able to get both my sisters, and my brother-in-law together for a day to finally get them loaded into my trailer. The next day my sister and her husband followed me out to our place in West Virginia. We took the day getting them placed at about the spots were they will be used. We put one of them in a field at one of the properties. And the other is located on the other side of the mountain on an access road back into the woods on another plot. I wanted to put them up on their towers, especially in the field. But my sister claims she can't shoot from an elevated position. Says she always misses. So I compromised this year and left them on the ground. But, next year, Up they go! Once we got to our place in WV., we loaded one blind at a time onto my bro-in-laws 6'x'10 trailer. He then towed them to where they are to go and we dropped them in place. We still need to go back and install the platform feet, the railings on the platform and level them up. But they are there!! Here's a few pics of getting them in place. The first set is in the field. The next set is on the Dead End road.
The arrival and unloading of the blinds.

My sister and Bro-in-law dropping one in place.

In place, but still needs to be leveled.

Another view.

My Bro-in-law taking the other blind to the back of the Dead end road on the other plot. It's on the other side of the mountain.

A pic from a trail cam after the blind was placed. This camera is about 5 yards in front of the blind and is facing out. The Red square is another trail cam facing back towards the blind.

A pic. from the trail cam that is in the square of the previous picture. You can see the blind in the red square of this pic..

My sister and I making the rounds checking the trail cams, feeders.

Last edited by Scarlet; 09-21-2014 at 09:41 AM.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice..At first I was thinking, Damn that's a huge ****house...
How much does one of those run?

Old 09-22-2014, 08:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

These are the 5'x6' Redneck Predator 360 Combo blinds. Not the largest. That would be the Buck Palace 6'x6' blind. It's a bit larger, and the windows are a bit larger. But These were fine for what I wanted. Plus they both fit into my trailer, LOL. Well? I can give you a round about. I bought them last August (2013). I got them at a small discount, And IF I remember correctly, got them before a price increase. I also bought a couple accessories. For each blind I bought Black out/Camo curtains for the windows, and a swivel mount Bow holder. I think I paid around $2,500.00 for one blind with the 5' Tower stand. And about $2,800.00 for the one with the 10' Tower stand. Yea, they are pricey. The blinds are a one piece construction with a solid floor. And the stands are not cheap. They are powder coated, with nice steps and hand railings. They have a nice platform/porch at the entry door of the blind. They have good cross bracing and are anchored with 24" rebar stakes at each corner, and a ground auger stake with a cable and turnbuckle to secure the blind in the middle. Really solid. I remember looking up as many types and styles of hunting blinds as I could find on the web. I wanted a blind that was gonna last, and be easy to maintain. Most were in like a kit form, with panels that you assemble. Some you need to add your own floor, usually a sheet of 6x8 OSB. If I didn't get a Redneck my next choice would of been the Shadow Hunter blind. A nice blind but I don't thin k as nice as the Redneck.

Old 09-22-2014, 09:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea, a little pricey. Never hunted from a blind.
Thanks for the info

Quick Reply: Setting up the Redneck Blinds-Finally