The Outdoors Off-roading, Hunting, Fishing, Camping, and Weaponry. What are you out doing in your F-Series?

All terrain tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 12:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kenda Klever M/T KR29 Mud Terrain Radial Tire - 265/70R17

Bought these in 2013 for my 2001 King Ranch for towing our trailer trailer. The tires have performed great / Nitrogen filled using balancing beads instead of weights / also replaced all 4 shocks / strong sidewalls make towing easy. Kenda has been making motorsport tires forever and these truck tires live up to their history of performance tires. Half the price of others and I am pleased with them.

Old 08-19-2015, 01:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yup,great tires.
I put them on my Tacoma when the Dura-tracs started to loose small chunks of tread and a rock flat. Common here in NM after a year or so no matter the miliage....
They are larger in diameter than same size/normal tire for my truck,but work fine.
The Tacoma is my hunting off road go anytime truck.

On my new used F-150 ,I'll leave the LTX MS2 Michelins on as 90% of the time they are great tires and wear very well.

Old 08-20-2015, 07:38 AM
I ended up buying Mickey Thompson ATZ P3's and there honestly the buy tire I have ever owned. After 6 months of driving on them ( daily driver for work, school, and hauling and some small hunting purposes) they have only worn 3/32 from original. I've yet to have them in the winter but on normal road conditions there great, on wet conditions they are amazing and when you get off road and even in wet grass the eat and get you going. I've used 2 wheel drive more then ever using this tires ! So all in all I love them ! Winter is just around the corner here in Ohio so if you'd like I can keep you guys updated on the winter driving !

Old 11-30-2017, 10:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Couldn't get the Kendas in 17",so I tried Yokahama Geolander AT GO15 10 plys. Great tires till these NM gravel roads started eating the tread. & this is the cut resistant one...lol
Gotta find the 17's or switch to aggressive Coopers.

Old 12-08-2017, 01:51 PM
Been looking at the Kumho Road Venture AT51 for my 2015 XLT. They are rated very highly, have great reviews and are significantly cheaper than the BF Goodrich T/A KO2's. Has anyone here had experience with these?

Old 12-11-2017, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by Treebs109
Been looking at the Kumho Road Venture AT51 for my 2015 XLT. They are rated very highly, have great reviews and are significantly cheaper than the BF Goodrich T/A KO2's. Has anyone here had experience with these?
Honestly I’ve never ran them or ever had experience with them. I will say though that after this thread I purchased a set of Mickey Thompson ATZ P3’s and I absolutely love them ! I recommend them to everyone I talk to ! They are a little on the expensive side. But they look great! And are quite ( for a hybrid tire like they are). Mine have last me forever too! I’ve had the same set for 3 years and I can guarantee that I can easily get this winter and next summer out of them before needing a new set ! I do a lot of hauling and the truck was a daily driver for the first 2 years of having those tires. But then some things changed and I bought a car for the long distance trips I was making, still using the truck in the evenings and weekends for hauling/work/ and play! Rain conditions they handle outstandingly ! I have 315/75/17’s and I could do 65 down the highway in a rainstorm no issues at all ! Winter they were incredible ! Hardly ever used 4 wheel drive. Off road same ! I haven’t had to use 4 wheel drive til recently now that they are wearing down a good bit ! I’ve ran them with 35psi and they wore evenly for me. They have a softer side wall and which was a little hard to get use to when they were first installed when taking turns because they will kind of (give) a little after you turn so far, but I got use to it very quickly and come to realize that the softer side wall actually gave me truck a smoother ride! I highly recommend this tires to anyone looking for a set of all terrain tires !

Quick Reply: All terrain tires