The Outdoors Off-roading, Hunting, Fishing, Camping, and Weaponry. What are you out doing in your F-Series?

Anyone off road the pine barrens?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 10:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone off road the pine barrens?

Wondering if anyone on here rides in the pine barrens at all. Looks like there is a ton of stuff to do. Some friends and I are going to go look for some mud and do some trail riding this weekend. If everything works out sunday or monday. Maybe 6-10 trucks and jeeps if anyone wanted to go out there, or could recomend some good trails, I no there is a ton of trails and land in there.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:38 AM
also I know people say you can get tickets for being on a wrong trail, and there is only certain entrances and stuff, is it really that easy to get in trouble or if we follow a map should we be good?

WERE GOING TO WHARTON STATE FOREST - some one was able to fill me in on everything with out the thread so if any one wants to go, thats pretty much all this threads good for now

Last edited by rclark12; 09-02-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:29 PM
I saw that episode... Soprano was pretty upset.

Old 09-03-2010, 05:46 PM
Back when I used to off-road this was my rig and I only ran the Pine Barrens.

1999 Ford Explorer Sport - Rear lift shackles, 31x10.50x15 BFG ATs on Crager "Soft 8" black steelies, Custom 4 light roof bar, CB radio with a 102" steel whip antenna, herculined the rear deck. Before I sold it I also picked up a custom tube rear bumper with tire carrier.

The key is to stay on the trails. My first trip out I and a few other members on the forum got one o' these for "trespassing". We were off the trail in an open pit. Some kind of forest ranger wrote us up. we got off easy though as it was one of those $56 fine tickets.

Here are some more pictures of said run. the second page in that gallery show where "Rich" got stuck and water logged. Also shows "Jason's" incident with a potential roll over:
http://www.explorerforum.com/photopo...1&ppuser=60098

Another set of prints from a different run:
http://www.explorerforum.com/photopo...y.php?cat=3699

I have more pictures somewhere if anybody cares.

Also don't bother looking up Dirtyjerseyoffroad.com. The club closed up two years ago. Been meaning to pick up a super cheap truck to go trail bashing with and re-open the club. I still have all the registers, logos, web layouts, etc. etc.

Old 09-03-2010, 11:13 PM
Thanks for the info... Is it easy to accidently go to a place you shouldnt be or did you guys no you shouldnt of been there, we'd like to avoid the tickets lol

Old 09-04-2010, 02:39 PM
We didn't know. We were working off of some Sat. images someone pulled off Google Earth. You can see the trail with an open area next to it. Imagine a letter "D" where the straight side is the trail and the rest is the pit. We aptly named it "Site-X" since this was a Ford eXplorer site. When we got there it looked like a great place to play - nice puddles and a few hills. Well we learned the hard way the trail is OK but the pit isn't.

When are you guys planning on going down next?

EDIT: RClark - I see in another thread you owned an Explorer. -What year/mods? Were you ever on Explorerforum.com? Ever hear of DirtyJerseyOffroad?

Last edited by MustangAndy; 09-04-2010 at 02:57 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:56 PM
No man never did any mods, it was my first car, my dads old one. A 95 with 198000 on it lol but I did have fun with that thing, just wasnt worth doing much too. And we are going off of 206 in Wharton state forest tomorrow morning

and was never on any forums because from the start I was always looking at trucks, but have heard of dirtyjersey never was on it or anything

Old 09-05-2010, 01:14 AM
just moved out of jersey 2 years ago, from the burlington area

we used to run in the pine but the jersey gustopoes just got to be to much,
the state is so broke they will write you a ticket for anything!!!!!!

butt ya- just stay on the trails

there was someone who bought some land and all you had to do was sign a waver, i believe it was in the tuckerton area also check out (i think it was) the yardville PA area there was a place- PA side accross from trenton

all the areas we used to run are developed now

you used be able to get onto river bank of the delaware in the cinnaminson area that was a fun place to go - we used to sit there and drink and when the jersey troopers would be potroling the river we would just drive away as they headed toward us

oh to be young and single again

Old 11-05-2010, 02:04 PM
Ive just been reading about Pine Barrons, never been there but looks nice... a lot of water is a bit of a risk, but it sounds like the really deep stuff can be avoided. I had a bow wave go over my hood when off road behind the beaches of Carova, NC. Anyone interested in getting a group together for Pine Barrons??

Old 11-09-2010, 07:15 PM
Maybe in the spring, although a group of friends were interested in some 4 wheelin in the snow, if you get people together let me know

Old 11-10-2010, 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by rclark12
Maybe in the spring, although a group of friends were interested in some 4 wheelin in the snow, if you get people together let me know
Id definitely be interested in the spring, maybe something before... is the trail fun even if you dont venture off into the "pits"? Looks like from the pics that it is...

Old 11-11-2010, 06:11 PM
check my album theres a few pics, I like mud but the trails are alrite too

Old 03-06-2011, 09:23 PM
I'd be interested in a group trip to the Pines. Just got a new truck and can't wait to taking it out.

Old 03-12-2011, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by DGrav
I'd be interested in a group trip to the Pines. Just got a new truck and can't wait to taking it out.
Keep me on the list if something gets put together. Little bit of a drive for me from MD, but theres no place to off road here, Pine Barrons looks fun

Old 03-12-2011, 10:18 PM
It's been 10 days since I drove up to NY to pick up my Raptor and I still can't believe I have it!

I can't say enough about how awesome this truck is

So today was the first chance I got to take it off road. Drove about an hour to the Pine Barrens in South Jersey. Topped off the tank and hit the roads.

The roads were sandy with a lot of huge mud puddles and patches of "sugar sand".

I posted a few pics and went a more bit more details here:

Quick Reply: Anyone off road the pine barrens?