The Outdoors Off-roading, Hunting, Fishing, Camping, and Weaponry. What are you out doing in your F-Series?

Big 4x4 F150, it's real nice!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-1999, 01:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mudder, thanks for the pics, I like to see how other people setup there trucks, especially lifted trucks It's to bad whoever owned that truck seemed to do a half-*** job on the mods. Good looking truck though. Hopefully it will get a loving home.

ccla- I'm sure they are 35". It looks like they put the Superlift(which is 4"-5" depending on how you set it up) and put 4" homemade bodylift

------------------
97 F-150 Black, 4x4 XLT ext.cab,sb,offroad pack.
4" Susp. lift, 3" body
4.56 gears w/LS,
Flowmaster 50 Series w/ duals out rear
35" Wild Country Tires,
16.5x9.75 Weld Scorpio V wheels,
Westin nerf bars,
Rancho 9000's and remote,
Lift Lips,
K&N Filter,
Superchip,
TransGo Shift kit,
Bug shield,Tinted windows
Sony ES head unit,Sony ES changer,MTX Thunderform sub,Boston Acoustic Pro-Series up front, Polk in rear,PPI & Coustic Amps,Alpine Alarm

Check it out at:

http://members.aol.com/squanto804/scottwebpage.html

Old 12-02-1999, 03:03 PM
Well thanks kkirt1 on the compliment. Yeah they didn't do a good job at all on the lift. I have no other info on the truck, just that it's a 99 Lariat with what appears to be a 4-6" lift and 35" tires. I just got excited and took some pics of this truck cause I don't see a lot of lifted 97-up 150's, if I see anymore with lifts I'll get some pics and stick them on here for you guys to see. I think the perfect lift is what Squanto has on his truck, I would love to have that setup on mine. But for now that's not an option, the best I can do is a 3" body lift, and that's not a definite deal yet. Guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed and see if it will appear under the tree this year.

You guys take care.

Patrick

[This message has been edited by mudder (edited 12-02-1999).]

Old 12-02-1999, 05:48 PM
well from what i see of the suspension lift...it looks like it was done right...the front wheels may need to be realigned though. As for the body lift you gotta admire the thought of it anyway, but thats about all you can admire. I mean if the guy is gonna pay $2200(price i found for superlift) why wouldnt he pay another $130.00 bucks for a body lift that looks halfway professional. I think the tires and wheel combo looks good but in my opinion the tires arent big enough for the tuck. There is a guy running around town with basically the same setup although done a whole lot more professionally that is running 39 inch mickeys....now thats a sharp truck. Now back on my soap box. The exhaust should have been redone so it doesnt have that huge hang down...it needs to be tucked up close to the bumper. And for gods sake if he was wantin to put the body lift on he should have bought some wheel skirts to hide that huge gap. And it may be just me but i think he should throw a pair of black westin nerf bars on there. Now around to the front. The guy should have found something to plug up that frame. And where are his tow hooks? And on the bottom he should put a skid plate cause to me it just looks bad the way the front end looks now. And why not go ahead and throw a black mannik grill guard with about 4 kc daylighters on it. One more thing that should be added to the front is a hidden winch just like mudders. And one last thing that should top off a big 4 wheel drive is a big black roll bar with 4 more kc's acros the top. Now thats what i would have done differently to this truck. Sorry for the length but i got lost dreaming about spending money on my truck. hehe Oh and mudder i am also wishing for one of those body lifts to magically appear under my tree too. Later guys

------------------
98 f150 4x4, 5.4, 4 inch Rancho lift kit, westin nerf bars, mannik grill guard, 4 kc daylighters(2-100 watts and 2-165 watts), Delta tool box, 16x8 KMC inferno rims, 295x75x16 BFG all-terrains, air raid filter kit, pioneer deh-p8000r deck, 4 pioneer 6x8 3 ways, 2 Rockford fosgate punch 10s, and a rockford fosgate punch 250 watt amp....soon to come....superchip,warn 9000 winch, and possibly a supercharger

Old 12-02-1999, 06:46 PM
Thumbs up

You said it right Dave. Grille guard with KC's and a roll bar are definitely a must with that type of a truck. If I could ever get a lift like that (but done a lot better of course) on my truck then I'd keep it forever. It's just that final piece of the puzzle, but I guess a man can't have it all....yeah right

Old 12-02-1999, 11:28 PM
yea but he sure can have fun tryin!!!!!!

Old 12-03-1999, 10:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What brand and model digital camera did you use? The quality of the pictures was great.

------------------
97 F-150, 2WD, Reg Cab,Flareside,Dk Toreador Red, 4.6, 3.55 LS, EGR Bug Deflector, ******* Bed Cover, Bed Liner, XL Full Length Running Boards, Air Aid Kit, Gibson Single Out Cat Back, Superchips, TransGo Shift Kit, Hellwig Rear Sway Bar, Hellwig 2500# Overload Springs

Old 12-04-1999, 12:15 AM
Talking

Hey Mudder,

This might drive you nuts but I have the Performance Products 3" Lift Kit sitting on a shelf here. I'm not gonna put it on till I get new wheels and tires.

------------------
98 F150 2WD,Bright Red, Regular Cab, 4.2, 3.55, 5 Speed, Superchip, 2 Superchip Decals (I Think They Add 5 HP Each), 3 Inch Bullseye Lift Spindles, Manik Grill Guard,Nerf Bars, Vent Visors, Fog Lights Mounted In Front Air Dam ,2 Kc DayLighters, Back Up Lights, Alpine CD Player, 2 Kenwood Amps, 10 Inch MTX Blue Thunder SubWoofer, Tinted Windows. And Coming Soon: 3 Inch Body Lift Kit, 16.5 x 9.75 American Racing Baja Wheels Wrapped With 35x12.5x16.5 BFG All Terrains

Old 12-05-1999, 01:30 PM
Anybody else seen/have a truck this big. This one looks like it has been rode hard and put up wet

I wonder how other trucks are holding up to varying size lift kits and tire combinations. Putting a 4,000lb truck that far in the air has to take its toll!

Ar certain angles (cosmetic) this truck sure does look awesome though! What do you guys think?

Old 12-05-1999, 05:12 PM
Thumbs up

T Ellenberger, the camera is a Sony Digital Mavica.

ccla, where in Louisiana do you live? May need to pay you a visit

kkirt1, you are right, the apperance does look awesome. I haven't seen very many lifted F150's up close, I think there are only 2 or 3 in my town. I think that Squanto, Smill, and David H have the nicest lifted F150's that I've ever seen. Wish mine could sit up like Squantos, atleast I know what my truck would look like with a lift now. I'll keep on the look out for more lifted F150's, and I'll take pics of them if I can. And if any of you guys seen any try and take some pics if you can.

Old 12-05-1999, 05:46 PM
Speaking of lifted F150's, check out Nino's lifted F150, he just installed a 4" Trailmaster lift on his: http://www.homestead.com/ninof150/f150.html
Make sure to look at the record jump by Bigfoot on the second page, it's pretty cool.

Old 12-05-1999, 11:45 PM
mudder: What are they saying about the ride quality after their lifts and bigger tires were installed?

Your right, nino's truck looks like it was done right! I just wander about the ride. Are they spending quality highway time.

Old 12-06-1999, 12:07 AM
kkirt1, I'm not sure about the ride quality, I haven't talked to anybody with a lift about it, but I will start askin.

Squanto, how does your truck ride?

Old 12-06-1999, 12:10 AM
Here is Nino's, I like the look. Hope you don't mind Nino:

Old 12-06-1999, 12:12 AM
I think I'm gonna put a pic of all the lifted 150's that I can find on here, like David H, Squanto, Smill etc...Would you guys mind if I did that?

Old 12-06-1999, 12:12 AM
Thumbs up

kkirt1, mine rides as or even better than it did stock. Does not handle as good in the turns, but you would expect that because of the higher center of gravity, but is not bad at all. I drive alot of quality time on the highway and does not wander. Could drive it all day. Looking forward to a long trip with it. Love it!

Quick Reply: Big 4x4 F150, it's real nice!