2006 F150 4x4 problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 06:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 F150 4x4 problem

New member, First post but I have gained much valuable information from this Forum. So on to my problem...

The DS on my 2006 F150 was making the classic bad IEW/vacuum hub noise. Shop told me I needed a hub assembly. I did some research and decided it was the IEW but purchased and installed a hub assembly as well and replaced both. I also replaced the vacuum solenoid located on the firewall. While working on the DS I checked the PS and the IEW on that side was not engaging the hub at all even with no vacuum.
The 4WD did engage after the DS IEW installation or at least the relays clicked and the dash light indicated 4WDH but no 4WDL. So I ordered another IEW and replaced the PS. Checking as I reassembled the PS everything seemed good. After installation with the engine running in park I could switch to 4WH and hear the relays click and the indicator light would come on. When I got the truck on the ground, running in neutral I could select 4WH and everything seemed as it should. Selecting 4WL it took about 10 sec. to light the dash indicator but it seems to work. When I switched back to 4WH I heard a faint clunk and now nothing works like it should. No clicking relays No dash indicators Nothing.
So far I have checked the fuses, disconnected the battery for 30 min. and even gave the shift motor a couple whacks with a rubber mallet just for the heck of it. NOTHING!
Everything else on the truck seems to be working. Any troubleshooting advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-03-2015, 02:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
read what is on this link, may help ya.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/83...then-some.html

Quick Reply: 2006 F150 4x4 problem