Clicking noise when turning

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 05:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clicking noise when turning

I am driving a 2010 F150 2wd and have started to hear a clicking sound when I make a turn, either left or right. The sound is coming from the left front. I first noticed it a few weeks back and it only seem to be intermittent when I turn real sharp to the right. Now it doesn't matter if I turn right or left the clicking sound is present. I don't have to turn quite as sharp to hear the noise now but it does take more than a slight turn to produce the click.

I have seen several posts related to this issue but so far they are all from 4X4 owners. I haven't seen any suggested solutions for a 2wd. Anybody had this problem before or have any idea of the solution?

Old 04-02-2015, 10:09 AM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gafordboy
I am driving a 2010 F150 2wd and have started to hear a clicking sound when I make a turn, either left or right. The sound is coming from the left front. I first noticed it a few weeks back and it only seem to be intermittent when I turn real sharp to the right. Now it doesn't matter if I turn right or left the clicking sound is present. I don't have to turn quite as sharp to hear the noise now but it does take more than a slight turn to produce the click...
Welcome to the forum, gafordboy! I recommend swinging by your local dealership so they can take a look. If possible, take your tech along for a test drive so you can reproduce the click for them. How many miles are on your truck?

Crystal

Old 04-02-2015, 10:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It has 75k. I will check with the dealer if I can't resolve this without them.

Old 04-02-2015, 11:17 AM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gafordboy
It has 75k. I will check with the dealer if I can't resolve this without them.
Sounds good, gafordboy. Keep us in the loop.

Crystal

Old 04-02-2015, 11:28 AM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
Jack it up and spin the wheel. Make sure the wheel bearing is not loose. Take a look around underneath and se what you can see. If it is serious it will probably get worse and be more obvious as to what is causing the clicking.

Quick Reply: Clicking noise when turning