2013 Vehicle Operates Erratically

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 01:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 Vehicle Operates Erratically

Ford F150 V6
Issues have been ongoing for a year and occur at random. Issues have been occurring more frequently during the last 3 weeks.

Took vehicle to Ford in Madison, AL, but nothing occurred during test drive by maintenance personnel. So, no actions were taken by mechanic. Apparently, no codes were stored.

Specific issues fall in 3 different categories or different events each has occurred multiple times:

Vehicle hesitates when starting from a stop. It feels like my truck is starving for fuel for about a half a second then kicks in and back out resulting in a jerking motion. No warning lights come on when this happens.

Driving down I-565 felt a slight jerk in the vehicle. I was traveling about 70 mph. Wrench appeared on information display and then went out. Airbag – Front light illuminated and stayed on. Speedometer read zero and stayed there even though I was going approximately 65 mph down the road. Information display readout indicating which gear the vehicle is in dropped from 6th gear to 5th gear. As I slowed down, transmission would go no lower than 3rd gear. Even when I came to a stop it read 3rd gear which is the gear the transmission was actually in, making it difficult to accelerate from a stop. Very much like if you had a manual transmission and attempted to start from 3rd gear. The information display was still illuminated, but other than transmission gear there were no other readings (i.e. fuel efficiency, no numbers were displayed…just blanks). The needles on the dash that are normally illuminated blue went dark. When you made a turn and turned on the turn signal it will not turn off automatically after completing the turn. The tachometer still read the correct reading as you increased or decreased gas to the engine.

Driving down 72 I accelerated to approximately 30 mph. All of a sudden it was like the transmission stopped communications with the engine. Regardless of how hard I pressed the gas pedal, the vehicle would go no faster than approximately 5 mph. However, the engine RPM went up and was indicating correctly on the tachometer. I don’t recall seeing any other lights. At the next intersection I came to a complete stop and everything was okay. This event has occurred on several occasions and clears if I turn the vehicle off and back on.

Currently, I am not driving the vehicle as it is unsafe to operate.

Quick Reply: 2013 Vehicle Operates Erratically