Saleen Rad + other goodies

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 03:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saleen Rad + other goodies

I just got done pulling the old radiator out, pulled the mech fan (thanks to the AutoZone rental fan clutch wrench kit), cleaned the bay up a bit, modified the factory lines (my lines had been damaged on a trail ride and had the soft sections patched) with 5/16 and 3/8 flared fittings adding 2' of steel braided Teflon lined hydraulic hose with crimped on fittings, ditched the quick style connectors on the Saleen radiator and switched them out with 90* AN style fittings.

Everything is bolted in place and I started it up to top off the trans fluid and coolant, and no leaks.

I'm just going over the installation instructions for the SPAL controller for the fans, looking for the easiest tap in points for the ECT and A/C clutch.... and I'll be electronically cooled

I left the OEM trans cooler inplace for now, the fanned cooler I have I'd rather use for another project and get something really beefy for this truck. I also need a new P/S cooler, my old one was crushed and then bypassed.

Pics to come tonight, after the fans and controller are mounted and wired up

Old 04-15-2012, 04:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hurry and get them pics up fella!

Old 04-15-2012, 05:38 PM
The saleen radiator, efans, and lower thermostat are one of my most favored mods i have done so far. It is a lot harder to heat up the ECT now when im offroading, no matter what i do it never overheats!

I bypassed the ac clutch so i cant help you there, but something is making me think its the green wire running to the ac infront the engine. Cant remember for sure. Probably would get more responses in the aftermarket section though.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:15 PM
Blackout, what t-stat did you switch to? Did you do it for your SCer setup?

I don't have pics yet, I took my sweet time routing the wiring to all the choice tap in points for the A/C, Cylinder Head Temp sensor (PITA to get to on the back of the pass side head and under the intake manifold and then to trace it up the harness near the PCM...tap in for a continuity test to make sure it's the same wire I thought it was...) , sodering the splices, shrink wrapping them....

Still need to mount the fans, loom/wrap/secure the fan controller harness now that it's ran and then mount and set the controller up for low and high temp set points....but that's the easy/quick stuff and I'll have the chance to take pics of everything tomorrow.

Old 04-16-2012, 11:33 AM
I switched mine to a 180' tstat.

I actually did the Saleen rad and efans before i decided to go supercharged. I did it because i offroad so much in extreme heat during the summer. But after i added the blower i put in the lower tstat. I think with a mostly stock engine i would leave the factory tstat though. I only swapped mine because of the added protection it provides for a blown motor.

Good choice to take the time to solder/heat shrink all the connections!

Quick Reply: Saleen Rad + other goodies