4x4 will not engage

Old 12-03-2008, 09:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 4x4 will not engage

I tried turning my selector and I got nothing. No click, no light.
2005 f-150 supercrew 22k, it's my baby (very gentle with it)
I checked my relays, fuse, and the switch. Found out about the possible vacuum switch on top of the trans (haven't tried it yet, 14 degrees out in wyoming). Does anyone have any suggestions? Could it have frozen, or seize?

Old 12-05-2008, 10:26 AM
I looked at it last night. (pulled it in at work, 80 degrees) I pulled the switch out, it tested fine. I had a friend get in and move the shifter and switch as I gently tapped the 4wd motor. It went into High, but nothing else. Of course the light didn't come on in the dash. So I think the 4wd motor is bad, but who knows.

Last edited by pyle1200; 12-05-2008 at 10:27 AM. Reason: improper english
Old 12-06-2008, 08:19 AM
Okay again. I took it to the dealer. Only because i talked to the Service manager, and he said he would help me out since I have bought 5 vehicle and so on..... They put it on their computer and it gave them alot of codes (because I took everything apart while it was running) don't do that, but only one code that said it was bad, (the 4wd sensor) it is seperate from the 4wd motor. They ordered it and said it will be here tomorrow. I will let you know. And now I will use my free rental focus and cruise the town...... (for once the dealership is taking care of me)

Old 12-07-2008, 07:18 PM
So it's still at the dealer. The sensor didn't work. They are saying the AC is on the same fuse, (i didn't see this in the manual). So they are putting in a new diode for the ac and that should fix it they say. Who knows. If you have any advice please send it.....I will up date as soon as I get it back....I recommend buying the manual lever version.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4x4 will not engage