looking to buy a truetrac.. got some ?s

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 10:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looking to buy a truetrac.. got some ?s

hey guys i just bought my first truck its a 08 f150 xlt 5.4 axle code is 26 i was told it had a LS but it doesn't. it has a 3.73 non LS i was thinking of putting in a detroit truetrac just in the rear for now. what is all involved, does buying the Truetrac give you everything you need or is there other items i will need? The gears are fine and the truck only has 400 miles so nothing needs replaced.

Old 11-25-2008, 09:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
youll need carrier bearings and probaby some supershim packs to help you dial it in. you can retain your original carrier bearings but you will need to be able to get them off with out damaging them. with the true trac your backlash will probably change a little bit, with a super shim kit you can dial it in back to stock. new ring gear bolts would not be a bad idea. if you reuse the old you will need to clean them thourghly and dry them and use red loctite. this is less than $50 for shims, bearings and ring gear bolts, make everything easier. www.eastcoastgearsupply.com we can help you w/ parts and tech support

Quick Reply: looking to buy a truetrac.. got some ?s