saw this on another website

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 12:29 AM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
saw this on another website

is this actual product or just a scam? i would never do it but i thought it was interesting either way.

Have you installed or are you thinking of installing larger tires for wheelin'? Is the need (and cost) to regear your axles a problem? Do you have 3.08s but want 3.55s? 3.55s but want 4.10s? 4:10s but want 4:88s? Before you drop a couple of grand on regearing your axles, I may have a better solution for you.

What if you could switch between 3.08 and 3.55 or between 3.55 and 4.10 or even between 4.10 and 4.88 gears anytime you want? Use one set of gears for driving on the road and another lower set for wheelin'.

If your wheelin rig has a T-19, I have just what you need to do just that. I am selling an Advance Adapters Ranger Gear Splitter that may be just the answer you're looking for. It is a 17% underdrive unit so it raises your final drive (crawl) ratio by 17% - like switching your 3.08s to 3.60s, or your 3.55s to 4.15s, or your 4.10s to 4.80s. Best of all, with the Ranger you can switch from one ratio to the other on the fly whenever you want - because it is fully syncronized for smooth shifting any time and in any gear.

I not only have the Ranger gear spiltter and shifter - which is what you get when you buy it from Advance Adapters, but I also have a shortened rear driveshaft and a lengthened front driveshaft to fit a standard cab, standard bed truck to go with it - something Advance Adapters DOESN'T even offer with a new one. Lastly I also have a heavy duty crossmember to mount it with - something else you don't get when you buy a new one.

A new Ranger goes for $1450. Modified drivelines are a couple of hundred each, and the HD crossmember would cost at least $50 to build - just for the steel! So if it were new this setup would cost close to $2000.

Now this unit isn't new by any means, but it is in good working condition. The mods won't allow me to quote a price on here, but lets just say that because it is an older, used, unit, I'm offering it for LESS than a third of the price of new.

I am also looking for a couple of budd wheel adapters and 3 budd wheels for the front of my dually (the 3rd wheel is for a spare). So, if you have any of that, maybe we can work a swap and a lesser amount of cash to make up the difference....

Send me a PM if you're interested in this - since I spend most of my time on here in the IDI forum....

Last edited by 06yz250f; 02-18-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds for real but worded like a scam. The product is out there for sure, granny gears are real, but the application and customer service seems sketch.

Quick Reply: saw this on another website