Limited Slip Clutches?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 04:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Limited Slip Clutches?

I am going to be regearing my 3.55ls to 4.10's...my truck has almost 110K miles on it and no longer spins both tires if I do a brake stand. I was told that it is because it has bigger heavier wider tires and the factory ls is just not strong enough to spin them both on the street. My question is I can get the clutches to rebuild it for $35 bucks but they dont really want to deal with installing them, and that tells me if I end up doing it myself that I maybe getting in over my head. I have also heard that new fluid and friction modifier will help...I am just not sure what I should do as I would like it to work as it should.

Old 10-08-2008, 12:10 AM
glc
Received 757 Likes on 702 Posts
If you are regearing anyway, have wide tires, and want to spin both wheels on pavement, replace the LS with a locker.

Old 10-08-2008, 05:38 PM
I am not going to spend 500 bucks on a rear end...if I was hardcore offroading maybe but I am just looking to make the factory LS work the way it should. With my new tires I will NOT be doing any burnouts anytime soon either! I probably will take it to the sand though and for $35 to make it work as it should I would be more than happy to do it, BUT it sounds like the install is more than a PIA

Old 10-08-2008, 07:02 PM
You can also add more clutches to the stock clutch pack. Order two sets of clutches.....anyone who knows how to work on a differential should know what to do with them.

Friction modifier actually makes the clutches slip more.......so new fluid and modifier isn't exactly gonna help anything.

Quick Reply: Limited Slip Clutches?