Screeching noise, anyone have any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 09:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Screeching noise, anyone have any ideas?

Well I should start by saying I drive a 2004 Ford F-150 XLT 5.4L new body style, and love it. Well me and my roommate, decided to go hang out at our freinds house for alil while tonight so we got in my truck and pulled out of the parking space and as soon as I started to turn my wheel and started moving foward we heard this horrible screaching noise. I stopped as soon as I heard it and we both jumped out and started checking everything over and couldnt find anything, so we got back in and started off again and figured if it did it again we would check it over more. Well it did, we got a about a mile down the road and it did it again right before the traffic light. I pulled into a pizza place and we checked my truck from top to bottom and still couldnt find anything. At this point I didnt want to go any farther because I didnt want to screw my truck up, but we kept going since we were almost to our freinds house and it didnt do it. When we left alil while ago it didnt do at all on the way back. It did this once before a couple months ago but I couldnt find anything wrong. Im planning on bringing it into my shop tommorrow and putting it up on the lift and spending a few hours checking it. Does anyone have any idea whats wrong or has this happened to anyone? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Old 08-20-2008, 09:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds like the belt, take the belt off and check all the pullies for worn bearings and make sure the tensioner spring is good. if you dont find anything replace belt

Quick Reply: Screeching noise, anyone have any ideas?