Warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 02:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warranty?

I have a 75K powertrain warranty on my truck. I am currently at around 65K miles. I was thinking sometime before my warranty expires that I need to take advantage of the warranty since I have never taken my truck in for anything but a couple of recalls. I am not sure what to tell them about why I am bringing it in but I would like for them to perform some type of powertrain drivetrain checkup and if they do find something questionable then they would fix it I am just not sure what types of problems would trigger a complete system check up??

Old 06-21-2008, 01:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealers will not go looking for problems without a specific complaint. I worked for a couple GM dealers and it was against their policy. I am sure Ford isn't any different. Fewer and smaller warranty claims will result in larger customer pay repairs after the warranty runs out. Ain't that America!

Old 06-24-2008, 01:14 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If it's a Ford ESP and you have not made a claim on it, you're entitled to your money back. It's in the fine print, and they don't tell you that, but you are, in fact, entitled to a refund.

Pull out your paperwork and see for yourself. It's in the fine print.

If it's an aftermarket warranty, your terms may vary.

Quick Reply: Warranty?