Please...Help...Me...

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 12:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please...Help...Me...

1999 F-150 s/c 4.6 L 5 sp 4X4 - bone stock

Here's the problem......About 2 weeks ago, I decided to replace my slave cyl., pressure plate, clutch disk, etc. (wasn't it a hurry...had my worktruck). With the job now 98% complete, I'm having serious troubles w/ my x-case. After attaching the shifter plate for the x-case to the trans, for some unknown reason I only have 4LO or neutral. Nothing appears to be binding up. I have a few choices....drive at a max of 15 mph @ about 8 mpg. Or, coast down to the bottom of the street and leave it there. OR, post a thread and have someone clue me in to what I'm doing/did wrong. BTW, the x-case was removed for the slave cyl. procedure. I know the system is also vac. assisted, as well as mechanical. Yet, no hoses were disconnected, with the exception of the vent hose off of the x-case. I should also mention that when the x-case is in 4LO, it also feels as if it's in neutral. The linkages are clean, and free-moving. Another question I have is: How many detents are there on the x-case? I'm only counting 2.....toward the rear, i assume, is neutral, as the differential spins freely. Toward the front...4LO, as it locks up tighter than a dolphin's butt. Any help whatsoever is greatly appreciated. One more question: I have 2 notches on opposite sides of the plate. One semi circular, and one squared off, as if to show that this may be the "neutral position". I hope this isn't as difficult to read as it was to type, I've been at this for about 15 hours. And typing is qute difficult while half asleep under the truck. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Last edited by hemp_1; 05-27-2008 at 01:26 AM.