locker?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 10:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
locker?

ok i was woundering if i could put a spool locker in my front axel but not my rear.......the reasone would be i still want to drive it on the road with out the tire squalch every time i take a turn.and to bye a limmeted slip locker for the rear or a air locker is way out of my budget for now.

Last edited by NATE_DUDE; 05-07-2008 at 11:14 PM.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:04 PM
Spool the front? No way.

A limited slip and a locker are two different things.

Although they are not as cheap as spooling a diff, you can put a limited slip or "lunchbox locker" up front. That way it will drive normally in 2WD, and be locked or limited slip in 4x4.

I plan throw a Detroit Locker in my 9.75 when the cash accumulates...

Old 05-07-2008, 11:28 PM
turning with a spooled front is extremely difficult, and it would be very dangerous in the snow if you were driving in 4wd. if your hardcore enough to put a spool in the front you would want one in the back as well. and you would have full hydro or at least hydro assist steering to help you turn. As said a Lockright is the cheapest best method for locking any axle, if you want full traction. and it will unlock to let you turn.

Old 05-07-2008, 11:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
dont lock ur front end, especially if u like using 4x4 in the winter on the roads.

lock the rear ITS NOT THAT BAD! i have a detroit locker rear end, over 37k on my nitto terra's and i can honestly say i can get another 10k miles minimum.

with my 4.6 and 4.88 gears i could do a sharp corner and pin it, then it would burn the inside tire. but normal driving it didnt make a chirp.

Quick Reply: locker?