4 wheel drive will not work on 04 f150

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 08:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4 wheel drive will not work on 04 f150

im having many problems since i hit 50k. last week i was in a sloppy job site and put my truck into 4wheel and it would not work. so i did the obivious and checked the fuses and then IWE solenoid, and the vacuum. everything is working great there. look underneath the truck and everything on the transfercase is working as if it is brand new. i took the vacuum hoses off and i got what looked to be dried up rust particles in the line, so i cleaned them up and put them back on and still nothing. water somehow got into the vacuum lines and must have drained into the hubs? i havent had time to rip the hubs apart yet but do you guys think that the water that got into the hubs ruined the hubs or even seized them up? any advice would be great! thanks

Old 04-22-2008, 05:29 PM
i am having this same trouble. i have even had ford check my vacumn lines, and all is good. i am guessing it is my hubs are siezed up from mud. any help would be great.

Old 04-22-2008, 11:14 PM
You could take a hammer and lightly tap on the shft motor on your transfer case and see if it will engage then. If it does then replace your shift motor.

Quick Reply: 4 wheel drive will not work on 04 f150