IWE Solenoid

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 10:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question IWE Solenoid

Went to my dealership today for a oil change. Service writer came to me and stated they had a vehicle in the other day that had a faulty iwe solenoid. Said the owner in the end had to have hubs replaced along with the solenoid. Recommended that I should have the updated solenoid put in and also have the Transfer Case Flushed to make sure this doesn't happen to me.
I told him I've never had any problems the truck and I would think about his suggestions. After reading up on the problem I can see having the solenoid replaced but unsure of the Transfer Case. Should I also have the transfer case flushed with only 41000 miles on my truck. Is the solenoid replacement a easy do it yourself for a novice. Thank-You, Troy

Old 04-12-2008, 11:31 PM
I have been following the IWE problem on this forum for a while, mainly because my truck is one of the victims. From all of the posts i have read on here i can't see why the solenoid problem would affect your transfer case. It never hurts to change oil more often than necessary, but i don't think it IS necessary.

Old 04-14-2008, 11:03 AM
Thank-You for your input. Does anyone know how easy it is to put in the updated solenoid? I've never had any issues with it, but feel after reading this forum it is probably worth putting the new one in.

Quick Reply: IWE Solenoid