2001 f150 4x4 lights off but transfer case stuck in 4 hi

Old 02-21-2021, 06:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 2001 f150 4x4 lights off but transfer case stuck in 4 hi

Hey guys ,
I really need some advice. I have a 2001 f150 4x4 king ranch, everything has been working as it should The 4x4 worked fine till we had a big snow, and then it wouldn't go in 4x4 high or low, the light would flash a few times and clicked, so I kept trying and it finally went into 4 hi so I left it in 4x4 hi. I noticed that I seemed to be creeping along and my GPS showed 28mph but my speedometer showed 60 or 70! I assumed this was normal in 4 high. Then when the snow had melted off the roads I switched it to 2 wd, The front axels disengaged and wouldn't spin but the speedo stayed hi and you could feel the gearing and hear the whine like it was still in 4x4 high. Now the lights only come on when I first start it like always but if I try to put it in 4 hi or 4 lo it clicks about 4 times and the lights never come on but it's still in 4x4. Am hoping it's the Transfer case motor like the videos and not the transfer case itself. I had pulled out on the highway when I realized it never left 4x4 and drove 14 miles on fairly dry pavement with the transfer case stuck in hi, but I went slow, and as I mentioned the front axels weren't locked in. Any help is appreciated.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2001 f150 4x4 lights off but transfer case stuck in 4 hi