Go Back   F150online Forums > Powertrain & Mechanical > Other Powertrain
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Old 05-13-2013, 10:24 PM

Vehicle: 2005 ford f150
I have a ford f150, 2004 fx4 with the 4hi and 4lo lights blinking 3 times and then repeating 3 times after awoke longer, what does this mean?
Old 03-08-2014, 11:12 AM

Vehicle: 2005 ford f150
Send a message via AIM to V6Sprout
I amhaving similar problems with my 2005 FX4, it would not go into 4Hi or Lo, I keep trying every now and then, and one day it does go into 4WH, GREAT!!!!!! now it won't come out of 4WH, so I try putting it into 4WL, it goes in, and now won't come out of LOW. I replaced the shift motor last summer when this happened, and it fixed it for a few days, then stopped going into 4WD, I don't think its the IWE's cause it wouldn't go into 4WD and drove in 2WD no problem, until the ESOF finally did send a signal to the shift motor to change to 4WD.

I think my shift motor is not getting the signal to change. I have also replaced the vacuum solenoid, so that rules that out. My mechanic did say I had no power going tot he shift motor at one point when he was working on it, but then power came back.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:06 AM

I had this problem too, and after several days of frustration finally re-checked the switch. And that was where the problem was. It was intermittent, sometimes it would work, other times only some of the contacts would work. I would get the 4X4 to engage but not disengage. Sometimes the indicator light would work, other times it was out when the switch was on.
Hope this helps.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:06 AM