There didn't seem to be any adjustments under the truck so I looked on my service CD when i got home and found the directions. The reason mine came out of adjustment is that the clip that holds the thumbwheel is broken. Anyways, for future reference, here is how you adjust the Shift Indicator.
Cable Adjustment — Shift Indicator
1) Remove the upper instrument panel steering column cover.
2) Place the gearshift lever in the (D) position.
- Rotate the gearshift lever clockwise until it bottoms out (first gear), then rotate two detents counterclockwise ((D) position).
3) Hang an eight pound weight on the gearshift lever.
4) Center the pointer in the middle of the (D) position.
- Rotate the thumbwheel located on the bottom of the steering column to adjust the pointer.
5) Remove the eight pound weight.
6) Carefully move the gearshift lever from detent to detent and compare with transmission settings. Readjust if necessary.
7) Install the upper instrument panel steering column cover.
Last edited by tfratzke; 08-31-2006 at 10:15 AM.