Ford's Description of the 2003 F-150 Heritage Edition (Only 15,000 Produced)

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 03:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I saw another one yesterday that looked like this one -

Name:  1FTRX18L33NA4802501.jpg
Views: 5095
Size:  55.9 KB

it was in rough shape, the rocker panels had rust and a lot of bubbling paint.

That brings my total to 3 heritage f150's in northeast ohio.

Old 09-29-2011, 04:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That looks nice!!! I wish I would have bought that

Old 11-01-2011, 05:37 PM
Just bought one of these - black/gray paint, similar to the one in RandomHero's picture. Captain's chairs front, 5.4 Triton, about 217k miles. Runs and drives beautifully - was used by the original owner as a family car, and a lot of long trips. Also, he drove 75 miles one-way to work each day! I guess that explains the high miles?

Only thing actually wrong that I can find is the CD player doesn't work (radio does, though), and the odometer has that same old common problem of going blank from time to time. I fixed that on my '99, so I know how to do it.

I love the way the truck looks, as is, but I want to get a folding hard tonneau cover, any recommendations for which one?

Old 12-21-2011, 11:30 PM
Update to my post. Got the odometer fixed - no problem. Still haven't gotten the "original" radio fixed, but I'll do that soon. I bought and installed a BAKFlip G2 tonneau cover. I like the way it looks and works, but I had to do some minor mod work to allow the tailgate to close. It needs new tires soon, so that comes next.

I took this picture a couple of weeks ago. I LOVE the way this truck looks! I plan on keeping it as original as possible, because I think there may be some collector's value to it on down the line.,

Last edited by ExTex; 10-24-2012 at 06:49 AM.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:48 PM
There is one here at Dam Neck Naval base where i am stationed. I looked at it the other day and im not all that impressed with them...pretty plain inside and out just a different paint job. This one also wasnt in the best shape ever too.

Its the red and black one. No idea how many miles and i cant have a camera where its always parked so no pics.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:23 PM
Hello All, I am new and this is my first post, I recently totaled my Stage 3 Roush vert and decided to buy a F150. After searching the ads for days I Stumbled upon this truck. I drove it and bought it today. I am in Tampa Florida. It is the Black and Tan Combo. One question though, I see I have fog lights but cannot figure out how to turn them on to save my life. Can some one help me out? The truck has 150k on it I paid 6490 for it.

Name:  truck-1.jpg
Views: 2813
Size:  141.2 KB

Last edited by Millsville; 12-27-2011 at 07:25 PM.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:01 PM
you have to put it on the non auto side (all the way to the right) and then pull the light switch out and should come on

Old 12-27-2011, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by supercrewser13
you have to put it on the non auto side (all the way to the right) and then pull the light switch out and should come on
Thanks, I would have never figured that out, now if I can just figure out why the overhead data center doesn't work I'll be good to go!

Old 12-27-2011, 09:23 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by Millsville
Thanks, I would have never figured that out, now if I can just figure out why the overhead data center doesn't work I'll be good to go!
Look in the index of the Articles and How To section. There is a writeup on the module repair.

Old 01-02-2012, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by Millsville
Have you tried pressing the "SELECT" control button on the display? It will turn the display on or off, and let you change the temperature from F to C, set the compass and etc. The ignition key must be on, of course.

Quoted excerpts from the 2003 F150 Owner's Manual:

Electronic compass/temperature display (if equipped)
Outside air temperature

The outside temperature display is contained in the overhead console unless the vehicle is equipped with an EATC system. Refer to Electric automatic temperature control in the Climate controls chapter.
The temperature display can be turned off and on by pressing the SELECT control on the overhead console. The temperature can be displayed in Centigrade or Fahrenheit by pressing the SELECT control. The ignition key must be in the ON or ACC position.
If the outside temperature falls below 3°C (38°F), the display will alternate from “ICE” to the outside temperature at a two second rate for one minute.

Compass
The compass display is contained in the overhead console. The vehicle heading is displayed as one of N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W and NW.
The compass reading may be affected when you drive near large buildings, bridges, power lines and powerful broadcast antenna. Magnetic or metallic objects placed in or on the vehicle may also affect compass accuracy. Adjustments may need to be made to the zone and calibration of the compass.

The Manual goes on to describe the procedure for adjusting compass accuracy, but you get the idea.

Old 01-11-2012, 01:07 PM
I traded my '09 Escape for this truck in December. It had 76k miles on it, and all it needed was new tires, a bit of paint on the bed (just to save it from the salt up here), and a new radio. It's from Upstate NY, but I'm out in Amherst Mass right now. I'd never seen one of these before I bought this one.

Old 01-12-2012, 01:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
why would you trade in your escape?

Old 01-15-2012, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by RandomHero34
why would you trade in your escape?
I need the bed. It was tough to let it go, though; that Escape was real nice.

Old 01-15-2012, 11:01 PM
Those are damn nice looking trucks! Makes me want to go out and buy one - but I don't need a second truck. On the paint job - didn't the Harley's use a similar two-tone style with orange pin striping, maybe coming a bit further down onto the front fender by the headlight? Always admired that paint scheme.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:46 AM
Photo

Originally Posted by ExTex

I took this picture a couple of weeks ago. I LOVE the way this truck looks!

I finally figured out how to actually put a picture in the post! Here's the promised photo:

Quick Reply: Ford's Description of the 2003 F-150 Heritage Edition (Only 15,000 Produced)