How do you remove door panel on drivers side?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-1999, 11:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post How do you remove door panel on drivers side?

Does anybody have any experience removing the door panel on the drivers side? When I'm making the window go up, about half way, it starts making a clicking sound like it is struggling to go up. Anybody know what could be causing this? It started after the dealer took the panel off to put on a new mirror. I really hate to take it back there. They really do crappy work. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 10-17-1999, 08:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow

Look in the audio section.
People including myself have done it to replace the front speakers.
It is really easy.
There is even an article showing pictures in there.

Old 10-17-1999, 09:49 PM
Cool

To the left of the release is a little round cap. Remove that. Loosen the bolt inside until the handle comes off. By the A-pillar is a little piece, that pulls off. Inside of the door crack (if your truck has one) is another trim piece that needs to be pulled off. The door panel lifts up!! Do not pull it straight off or you'll be buying another panel. If there is nothing in the way of the window, Ford makes "mini window vent lube". It has the consistency of good snot. It is a silicone based lube. Squeeze it out into the window run channels to lube them. This stuff works wonders!

------------------
1997 F-150, Dark Toreador Red, Supercab, Flareside, 4X4 Off-Road, Towing Package, Chrome Grizzly Wrap Around Push Bar, and Lots of TLC!!

Old 10-18-1999, 06:38 AM
Noles, check out this site, it is one of the members. http://www.alienmind.com/f150.html

------------------
99 F150 XLT Silver 2WD S/C 4.2 5-speed, Superchip, Flowmaster muffler // Rear door switch guards - check them out at http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/show/5031

Old 10-18-1999, 04:16 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate the help.

Quick Reply: How do you remove door panel on drivers side?