2011 Lariat Mirror Fix

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 01:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 Lariat Mirror Fix

Couple quesitons.

Anyone ever replace the inside guts of a mirror on the 2011?
Driving down I80 got a direct hit by a hawk into my passenger mirror. Folded mirror in and blew out the guts. Maybe i should have stopped to collect the parts. everything left works good, power fold, puddle and directional.
From what i can tell i might be able to get by with the mirror and the bracket that holds the mirror parts S17K707 and S17D696. However not sure if you can tell in the picutre, but it looks like there might be a clip portion on the guts that is broken off and i cant seem to tell if the motor for the adjustment works.

Whats the best course of action besides spending damn near $800 for a factory new mirror? Can I buy guts out of a cheaper mirror that doesnt have power fold and swap out the adjustment motor (if broken) and glass?

On another note. If anyone can help explain the attraction of my truck to large birds. I hit another bird and destroyed my headlight assembly in a completely different part of the country 6 months ago. All this and i have only owned this truck since Sept. I have hit zero birds in my previous 24 years of driving. Perhaps the Silver Color?

Old 04-17-2016, 10:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Found the glass super cheap on amazon ($15) looks pretty decent. Got a motor that will do for now, but is junk from RA for $35. will likely get the Ford Motor.

Quick Reply: 2011 Lariat Mirror Fix