Drivers side door handle wont open the door!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 10:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drivers side door handle wont open the door!

Good day, the other day, out of the blue, the drivers side exterior door handle ceased functioning. The interior one works just fine. Im assuming there is some sort of linkage arm or something that has failed????
Getting at the handle inside the door looks daunting, given how complex the interior door skins appear to be. Any help appreciated.
2011 lariat xlt crew cab.

Thanks, chuck

Old 05-23-2015, 09:41 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Ccrawford13
Good day, the other day, out of the blue, the drivers side exterior door handle ceased functioning. The interior one works just fine. Im assuming there is some sort of linkage arm or something that has failed????
Getting at the handle inside the door looks daunting, given how complex the interior door skins appear to be. Any help appreciated.
2011 lariat xlt crew cab.

Thanks, chuck
Looks like you need to buy a replacement handle and change it out, maybe the plastic inside snapped. No way to tell without opening up the interior door trim.

I have a 2006, to get to mine you need to take the interior door panel off, not that bad just screws and plastic retainers. I'm sure yours is similar, get a repair manual and they have the steps.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Drivers side door handle wont open the door!