Power window swap

Old 02-20-2015, 02:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power window swap

I have a 04 stx with crank windows and would like to install power windows other than changing door interior panels I wonder what else is involved, is the door drilled for the lifts, windows fit?? wiring there ? Or anything else you can enlighten me on ? Other than the windows issue everything else I'm happy with. I wanted the stx because I like the 4 wd shift manual on the floor and love the 4.6 MANY THANKS Dallas

Old 02-20-2015, 10:47 PM
This is the best walk through I've seen for a manual to power window swap.

http://www.truckmodcentral.com/forum...-05-f150-8141/

Replacing the door panels isn't necessary to get power windows. You just need the switches installed into the existing panels.
Of course you'd need to swap the door panels if you're 100% set on keeping everything looking OEM. But door panels can be quite expensive.

Hope this helps!

Old 03-02-2015, 02:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not sure the wiring would be present in the doors. That would--if you want the factory look--call for a swap to an XLT dash harness. Then again, maybe the harnesses are available and you add them to the current dash harness.

That's my experience from trying to put turn signal mirrors on my '03 som years back. No door wiring present in XLs.

Old 03-04-2015, 10:06 PM
THANKS to Saleen and Alfred for the info, I bought a JMK converson kit where you just added a motor and it go's to the old crank with a gear thing in place of the crank everything working now a little slow but I can lower passanger side from my seat.. QUESTION for someone with a electric manual ---Where can I get power from that will go dead when I shut of the key ?? Seems like the radio wire is a bit small as the wiring for the windows is about 2 times the size of the radio wire and it has a 30 amp fuse. The install took this old man about 6 hours as the directions are almost non-existant Thanks Dallas

Old 03-04-2015, 10:40 PM
Glad I could help! I'd suggest wiring them to the accessory fuse. That way they have power when the key is in the ignition but none when it's removed.

Old 03-05-2015, 08:20 PM
THANKS Saleen, I tried that one but it had power when the key was on or off, I didn't know to take the key out of the ing. Us old farts live in the country and park in the pole barn and never take out the keys but I will start now. You guys are always a super source for anything.. Time will tell on the universal window kit seems good today I'll post it's quality when used a little while... Again THANKS Dallas

Old 03-06-2015, 09:36 AM
Haha, that must be nice not needing to worry about taking your keys out every time. Enjoy the power windows! I can't wait until I get a chance to convert mine.a

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Power window swap