Water leak through third brake light

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 02:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Water leak through third brake light

Anyone experience a water leak through the third break light. Happened a few years back and the dealer replaced the third break light above the rear power sliding window. Rained in No cal today and observed water marks in headliner and back seat. Contacted Folsom, Ca Ford Dealer (Folsom Ford) and wanted to make an appointment as my vehicle was leaking water from the recent rains through third break light and they told me they were booked til after Xmas. It was 12-19-14 when I contacted them for a service appointment. They lost my business with that unhelpful "attempt" at customer service @ Folsom Ford in Northern CA. They lost confidence and therefore; I won't be buying my two new cars there next year. Anyone else experience water leaking through their third break light seal/gasket??

Last edited by Jdgarcia62; 12-20-2014 at 03:27 AM.
Old 12-20-2014, 07:51 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Jdgarcia62
Anyone experience a water leak through the third break light. Happened a few years back and the dealer replaced the third break light above the rear power sliding window. Rained in No cal today and observed water marks in headliner and back seat. Contacted Folsom, Ca Ford Dealer (Folsom Ford) and wanted to make an appointment as my vehicle was leaking water from the recent rains through third break light and they told me they were booked til after Xmas. It was 12-19-14 when I contacted them for a service appointment. They lost my business with that unhelpful "attempt" at customer service @ Folsom Ford in Northern CA. They lost confidence and therefore; I won't be buying my two new cars there next year. Anyone else experience water leaking through their third break light seal/gasket??

^^^ Yes. Not uncommon. Use Search to pull up any of the literally hundreds of threads related to this issue.

Nice rant BTW - most of it not germane to ye leak. Just fix it yerself and move on. Not difficult. Or if it's warrantied, just find another dealer.

Lastly - if you want to highlight an under-performing Dealer, we have a specific forum for doing that - it ain't this one.

MGD

Old 12-22-2014, 02:48 PM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jdgarcia62
Anyone experience a water leak through the third break light. Happened a few years back and the dealer replaced the third break light above the rear power sliding window. Rained in No cal today and observed water marks in headliner and back seat...
Welcome to the forum, rgvraptor85! You can find some alternate dealerships by entering your ZIP code here: http://www.ford.com/dealerships/locate/ What's the current mileage on your truck? I'll see what I can do to help.

Crystal

Quick Reply: Water leak through third brake light