Replacement Power Folding Mirrors

Old 08-03-2011, 03:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Replacement Power Folding Mirrors

Does anyone know of any place except for the Ford dealership where replacement mirrors can be found for a 2005 F150 Kings Ranch? Ive found many mirrors but none with the power folding option. I haven't torn into the mirrors so i'm not sure if this is possibly something that is usually purchased seperately? Is it possible to puchase non power folding mirrors and wire in the power folding motor? The local parts dealer informed me that he cannot sell this mirror because ford has a copyright for it. I'm begining to think that ther isn't an aftermarket mirror being produced because I can't even find one on e-bay. Thankyou for any suggestions!

Old 08-03-2011, 04:06 PM
Does your truck have factory power folding mirrors or do you want to add the feature?

Old 08-04-2011, 12:36 PM
The truck has the power folding option but both mirrors have been hit on the carport and need to be replaced. To buy both with the power fold motor from the dealership I was quoted a price around $1000 for a pair. I have found mirrors on e-bay that do not have the power fold option for less than $300 a pair and for the price difference am contemplating just ditching the feature...That is if the wireing will still work for the heat/power adjust/signal lamp.

Old 08-05-2011, 02:39 AM
On eBay search for mirrors from a Harley Davidson, maybe from the 09+ Platinum f150.

Old 08-05-2011, 03:17 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I believe it kind of depends on what's broken on your current set-up. There were some guys that retrofitted some power folding mirrors on their regular mirrors... you may try doing a bit of searching inside of the 2004 forum.

Like you, I love my power folding mirrors on my 2005 KR (standard equipment, for those that weren't sure)...

Old 08-06-2011, 09:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sar37
The truck has the power folding option but both mirrors have been hit on the carport and need to be replaced. To buy both with the power fold motor from the dealership I was quoted a price around $1000 for a pair. I have found mirrors on e-bay that do not have the power fold option for less than $300 a pair and for the price difference am contemplating just ditching the feature...That is if the wireing will still work for the heat/power adjust/signal lamp.
I had 2007 power fold mirror installed on my 04 a few years ago. The wiring is different. There were some pins in the harness that had to be switched around and a had to have some added for the power fold and puddle lamps. I also had mine installed to fold independently so i had to also add some relays.. If you go to Tasca fords websight there use to be a link there that show you the two different harnesses and pins that need to be switched.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Replacement Power Folding Mirrors