F-150 Easy Break-In

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 11:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kehinnc
Well, add me to the list of statistics.
I left work this evening and got into my truck and wondered why the console was open.
Then looked around and saw that all of the console and glovebox contents was all over the floor and passenger seat.
The damage to the drivers door lock was unoticed when I got in the seat.
I have added some pictures of the damage to my gallery, kehinnc.
I went by the dealer tonight and he said they repair 5 to 6 trucks a week. The cost is around $425.

I dont know how far you're from Charlotte but my boy just moved their. Someone broke into his truck yesterday. This is the second time that this has happen to him. These thieves tried this in broad day light in a Lowes parking lot.

Old 12-14-2007, 01:09 AM
Mine was jacked last night. '04 F150 - ripped an AVIC Z1 out of the dash. It looked like my dash vomited wires when I found it today.

My word - what I would have given to have "stumbled" upon him...

State Farm finally gets to make a satisfied customer out of me!

Old 12-20-2007, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by pmason718
I dont know how far you're from Charlotte but my boy just moved their. Someone broke into his truck yesterday. This is the second time that this has happen to him. These thieves tried this in broad day light in a Lowes parking lot.

I work in Uptown Charlotte and my truck was broken into during the day.
2 other vehicles were also broken into.

Old 12-20-2007, 10:01 PM
Ill be down their for the holidays. I plan on keeping a eye on mine.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:30 AM
I don't see the video in the news article. Anyone care to point me in the right direction? I have a F-150 and this makes me nervous. I'd like to see how it's done and if it can be done w/ out anyone noticing. Does it do damage? Does the cover pop right back on?

Old 11-24-2010, 05:17 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I have had some customers order a LT Rear door handle and install it to the lt front door and delete the lock cyl all together. Just sucks when the batteries run out of your remote. of course doesnt really work well if you dont have power locks. Ive repaired alot of break in and stolen vehicles. %90 are either pryed into under the door handle or just had the glass broken out. Like others have said. If they want in they are gonna get in one way or another.

Edit: damn i didnt know how old this thread was until i posted. hahah!

Old 12-20-2010, 09:59 PM
Sup guys.... I hate to be "THIS" guy, but.... The Jimmi Jammer wont work. We have tested this product on many cars. And it works great with a small slim screwdriver that you could buy at Dollar General. But most of the theives ive seen use a Tire Iron. Jam it in the door under the door handle and pry up. The door opens in seconds. But a smart crook doesnt do damage to a vehicle. Trust me.... Our trucks are easier to break into than most people think. NO TOOLS NEEDED! All ya need is to unscrew the antena. And it wont sound the alarm either. You will never keep a good thief out of your trucks. But there are things you can do to stop a theif before he even tries to break in. 1. tinted windows are nice and all,,, but theives look for cars that are tinted. To a crook,,, it screams "break into me"! Tinting usualy means the owner could be younger, have aftermarket equipment, gps, subs, and amps.
2. If they can see in the car,, and they see nothing to steal... They generaly wont take the risk on the unknown. Keep your car clean and dont leave anything in it, and they wont break in.
3. Smart thieves dont break into cars!!!! Thieves are also very lazy. They are looking for the easy way out. If your vehicle seems like it will be a hassle to a thief... They wont bother! Shock sensors that send out warning chirps are great! Also, Microwave sensors work like a repelent to crooks. If they encounter multiple devises at once they will move on to the next sucker with a garmin in his window and leave your noisy obnoxious truck alone.
4. Car thieves are not gonna be bothered by any type of car alarm. Its way to easy to dissable a alarm as long as you know you can get into the vehicle. And 85% of all people dont even look at a car alarm that is going off in a parking lot. We are all too used to hearing them. As long as you look like you own the vehicle,,,, no one would think twice about you being a thief.
Bottom line, youll never stop a petty thief. All you can do is make sure he doesnt get anything valuble.

Old 12-20-2010, 10:13 PM
I hate theives!!!!!!!! Leave our damn trucks alone!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: F-150 Easy Break-In