F-150 Easy Break-In

Old 10-23-2007, 10:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you break into cars for a living

Old 10-24-2007, 05:21 AM
Originally Posted by CANES676400
you break into cars for a living
I am sure the last tool is his tool he uses most often, besides the pen to write police reports.

I can also say that Jimmi Jammers will be a hurdle only. Kind of like the 'club'.

The thing with Jimmi Jammers is that once they punch the door skin to get those needle nose pliers in there to pull the lock link. Damage is done. If they cant see the link, they will f*&k it up more to each side, I guarantee. Beyond that, if they want what they saw in there in the first place, it will be a smash and grab.

The only thing you can do is deter the initial crime. Park in well lighted areas, make sure you can see a flashing LED for your alarm. Pull it into your garage overnight if you have one. Park closer to pedestrian traffic like elevators in a parking garage etc...

DO NOT leave cell phones, dashtop GPSs, CD cases, and things of value on the seat/dash etc.
DO NOT have audio equipment stickers all over your truck, its a freeking checklist!
DO NOT bump your system pulling into where you are going to park. Its like flicking the blue light special sign so after you leave, its an audio bargain bin.

Old 10-24-2007, 02:09 PM
Mine Too

Mine was broken into this same way about a month ago. If I didn't show you how they got in, you would never know it.

Come to find out, there are about 7 04' and up F150's (including one Lincoln LT) in my small industrial area, and they have ALL been broken into this same way.

Being that I am in one of the worst areas of Atlanta, the only thing I can do to prevent this is park my truck indoors. Yep...I'll be moving my business in a couple of years.

Old 10-29-2007, 03:49 AM
Reading this thread makes me nauseous - I just got my '04 F150 this week, and found the receipt for the stereo the previous owner had installed - $6100 worth (with in dash DVD and headrest monitors) - if that thing gets stolen I'll cry a lot.

I'll shop for alarms when I have my backup cam fixed tomorrow...

Old 10-29-2007, 11:06 AM
ANY vehicle is easily opened, especially if they have power locks. Lock your keys in your car and call a locksmith and watch what he does. it will take him less than 2 mins to get into your car. using two obscenely simple tools, one of which resembles a straightened coat hanger.

plain and simple if they want in they get in, anything like alarms, window stickers coded keys etc are merely deterrents.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the heads up on this guys. Even with a "jimmy jammer" the low life scumbag piece of #*&@ will do more damage to your truck than he could get things of value out of it. If somebody wants in they will get in.

I only pray that I don't catch them in the act because I will be the one going to jail !!!! "Mr Hogue, why did you shoot him 14 times"? .................... "Because that's all the rounds my 45 mag holds" !!!!

Rick
Pensacola

Old 11-10-2007, 06:29 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by shootnstarz
"Because that's all the rounds my 45 mag holds" !!!!
That just made my day. I'm only 16, but when I'm at school I park up DIRECTLY in front of the parking lot cams (I've had some people threaten to key my truck, and I've had some promise to throw their trash in my bed. Can't wait for my tonneau cover.) Also, when I'm at work (Wendy's) I park on the side directly in front of the drive-thru window (espeically when I'm on the night shift) So even if I'm not in view of it, my boss and/or other employees are.

I've got a '98 F-150 with no alarms, no card keys, nada. In fact, I keep my back sliding window open 1/8th of a inch for my temporarily-mounted CB radio anntenna to pass through. I locked myself out one day going to school (i was getting gas) and I squeezed in and unlocked my door and pulled myself back out with my shirt pulled up and hair standing on its ends and I found like 5 people staring at me like I was stealing it. I also hear the F-150 was the #1 stolen vehicle in the U.S. in 1998?

Old 11-15-2007, 08:53 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Raptor05121

I also hear the F-150 was the #1 stolen vehicle in the U.S. in 1998?

Dude, weren't you born in 1998? Or was that 1988?

Doesn't matter. In either case, that was like 10 or 20 years ago. A quick google search will reveal the make & model of the most stolen car in the USA. The insurance industry releases statistics like that every year.

Here is one version:

http://www.statefarm.com/learning/be..._cartheft1.asp

Which cars are stolen the most?

The National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB®) has compiled a list of the 10 vehicles most frequently reported stolen in the U.S. in 2005.

1. 1991 Honda Accord
2. 1995 Honda Civic
3. 1989 Toyota Camry
4. 1994 Dodge Caravan
5. 1994 Nissan Sentra
6. 1997 Ford F150 Series
7. 1990 Acura Integra
8. 1986 Toyota Pickup
9. 1993 Saturn SL
10. 2004 Dodge Ram Pickup

Source: National Insurance Crime Bureau. Hot Wheels: Do You Know Where Your Car Is? (November 1, 2006)

According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety and the Highway Loss Data Institute, the 2003-05 model Cadillac Escalade EXT and Cadillac Escalade 4dr have theft claim rates seven to eight times the average for all cars.

Highest Theft Claim Frequencies, 2003-05 Model Passenger Vehicles:

* Cadillac Escalade EXT 4dr 4WD
* Cadillac Escalade 4dr
* GMC Savana 1500 cargo
* Dodge Ram 1500 quad

Which newer cars are stolen the least?

Lowest Theft Claim Frequencies, 2003-05 Model Passenger Vehicles:

* Ford Taurus
* Pontiac Vibe 4WD
* Buick LeSabre
* Buick Park Avenue 4dr

I live in CA.

http://www.statefarm.com/insurance/a...california.asp

Which cars are stolen most often in California?

1. 1991 Honda Accord
2. 1995 Honda Civic
3. 1989 Toyota Camry
4. 1994 Nissan Sentra
5. 1990 Acura Integra
6. 1986 Toyota Pickup
7. 1993 Saturn SL
8. 1987 Toyota Corolla
9. 1990 Chevrolet Full Size C/K 1500 Pickup
10. 1997 Ford F150 Series

Old 11-15-2007, 11:43 PM
Originally Posted by shootnstarz
Thanks for the heads up on this guys. Even with a "jimmy jammer" the low life scumbag piece of #*&@ will do more damage to your truck than he could get things of value out of it. If somebody wants in they will get in.

I only pray that I don't catch them in the act because I will be the one going to jail !!!! "Mr Hogue, why did you shoot him 14 times"? .................... "Because that's all the rounds my 45 mag holds" !!!!

Rick
Pensacola
I caught a guy in the act of trying to steal my S10 a couple of years ago. I was coming home from hockey in my other car, the sound of cracking ribs from a full swing on a hockey stick is almost as good as the sound of wood cracking over a thick hollow skull.

Old 11-16-2007, 12:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yea I've used those window punches quite a few times and you can get in quicker then with a key. plus if your lucky and know how to use em you can get most of the glass out of your way. in the end nothing is really gunna stop some jackass from breaking into your car. unless my 95lb black lab is staring them in the face

Old 11-16-2007, 01:03 AM
Suspended
I got broken into a couple of years ago...All they took was a Smith/Wesson and 80 bucks out of my wallet. They were nice enough to leave the wallet, thanks Di**heads! Anywho I thought I left my truck unlocked. Sounds like they knew what they were doing due to leaving the wallet. This thread makes me think that they jimmyed the door. Damn! Ford ows me a new pistol!

Old 11-16-2007, 06:29 AM
DRJ
Modesto was #1 in the nation for grand theft auto last year, I spent quite alot a time there last year, it's only 1/2 hr away..luckily (i guess) no1 broke into my chet

Old 11-16-2007, 07:10 AM
Thats why i have a two way pager alarm, and its wired to my train horns......If they try Ill know about it pretty quick........So i can at least attempt to run out there and stop them

If the alarm dont go off on the other hand, oh well, thats what insurance is for, ive sure as heck paid Geico enough, they owe me by now

Old 12-12-2007, 01:00 AM
I've got a Viper Alarm and an Arsenault of Handguns (along with a CCW) to choose from to prevent vehicle theft, and insurance is also great, if someone really wants my truck they can have it, and USAA will cut me a check for the Full amount...gap insurance is great too

Old 12-12-2007, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by A31slyder
I've got a Viper Alarm and an Arsenault of Handguns (along with a CCW) to choose from to prevent vehicle theft, and insurance is also great, if someone really wants my truck they can have it, and USAA will cut me a check for the Full amount...gap insurance is great too
x10.

USAA is great! Viper is too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: F-150 Easy Break-In