Rattle Behind backseat/cab

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 09:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Rattle Behind backseat/cab

Hello everyone,

I have a rattle that I can't seem to locate on my 05 Supercrew/KR. It sounds like its coming from behind the back seat or the cab. I have gotten up and under the truck and can't seem to find anything that could cause it.

It happens when I go across a few bumps in a row. I've had my kids in the back to try and locate the sound and promised the finder 5 bucks.

Has anyone else had this rattle and could share the fix before I go insane.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Carl

Old 09-03-2005, 06:22 PM
Did you change a flat on your truck recently? You might check to see if you jack and tire tool are secure back there. I know on my 01 f-150 spercrew there is this little comartment for the jack and tire tool and its held in place by a clamp and bolt. Also check to see if you seat bolts are in tight. You should be able to check by hand, if one is loose or multipe then you back seat bench could be jumping around. Also Hope this helps. Also Check your top brake light. Maybe one of those bulbs has come loose. Good Luck.

Old 09-06-2005, 03:40 PM
It could be the headliner. My 05 SCrew has the same rattle. I understand there is a TSB out on the issue from Ford. I'm going to look into it when I take mine in for it's first oil change.

Old 09-06-2005, 10:45 PM
Do you have a power sliding rear window? If you do, it might be the the motor/cable/clips that are making the noise - dealer should fix. If you don't, the only thing that would rattle might be the wiring harness for the power slider. In any case, removal of the rear seat would find it quickly.

Old 09-26-2005, 11:00 PM
rattle

I had the headliner TSB performed about a month ago...no luck,I still have a rattling noise coming from the back of my cab. It sounds like a cable or exhaust hanger that is moving up and down over rough terrain. Its quiet as a Lincoln on the highway but any dirt road or washboarded pavement causes a lot of noise. I have opened the power rear slider half way and fully open to see if it might be the cable mentioned above...no change in noise.

Old 09-27-2005, 08:22 AM
Rattle

Try this for the mysterious rattle noise.I too thought it was coming from the rear seat area,and had my son drive while I sat in the back.What I found was it was coming from the headliner area.
While driving,reach back near the dome light and apply light pressure with your hand placed just to the right of the light.If it stops rattling,there is a TSB for that one,they add 2 foam blocks up in the headliner.Fixed mine!!!

Old 09-30-2005, 11:26 PM
Checked jack tonight...no luck..

Old 10-06-2005, 07:28 PM
I have the moonroof in my truck and I thought the same thing that there was a sound coming from behind the seat and it turned out being the headliner. When you ride over bumps hold up on your map light and it will go away. There is a TSB out for this and if the dealer has the parts it should take about 20 minutes to fix. Good luck.

Old 10-13-2005, 04:11 PM
I've heard that rattling and thought it was the exhaust or the hangers, and i've since upgraded that and I still hear the rattle.....Then I thought it was the bed extender jumping around, took that out, still rattles....Anyone have thoughts to the rattle being the tailgate not having a tighter lock???

Old 10-13-2005, 11:00 PM
I'm in the same boat pal...I swear even after having the TSB on the headliner performed the noise is still coming from around the dome light. Its hell to try to figure it out while driving so I may have a buddy drive the truck over some rough surfaces and I'll float around the back seat trying to locate it...

Originally Posted by norcatalyst126
I've heard that rattling and thought it was the exhaust or the hangers, and i've since upgraded that and I still hear the rattle.....Then I thought it was the bed extender jumping around, took that out, still rattles....Anyone have thoughts to the rattle being the tailgate not having a tighter lock???

Old 10-14-2005, 11:18 PM
My 98 Scab just started making the same kind of noise you described tonight. Seems to do it when I go over rough patches in the road on the driver side. Thought it might have been my AF1 knocking around under the hood.

Old 10-23-2005, 08:16 PM
I have a '93 F150 Supercab and I get a rattle from outside the cab . . . possibly something different. Sounds like a thin light piece of metal getting knocked about. Not real loud, but annoying if you don't have the radio on. I tighted up the spare tire under the bed, but still makes the sound. Have you tried tightening up the spare tire?

Quick Reply: Rattle Behind backseat/cab