How do I install a pro-net tailgate net on a step-side (flareside)?

Old 05-11-2004, 01:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do I install a pro-net tailgate net on a step-side (flareside)?

Hello,

I am seeking some installation advice. I recently purchased a PN017 Pro-Net tailgate net for my '99 F-150 step side (flareside) pickup truck. The directions provided are general and not specific to a Ford or a step-side. I am having trouble locating a place on the truck where I can drill AND gain access to the backside of the hole so as to secure the nut on the other end of the bolt that holds the tie-down bracket. Adding to the confusion is that I have a bedliner. However, I can easily peel this back and place the bolt through this and the body. The real problem is that once I access the metal body I can't find a place to drill where i can also get my hands on the backside of the hole to attach the nut. While there is a note of advice for new-body ford owners on the instructions, it only suggests I use the backside of the stake-bed housing. I'm not sure what they are talking about as there appears to be no metal area in the general vicinity that allows you to get access to both sides of the metal. Should I just be using a screw, and drill a hole that is as wide as the root of the screw but more narrow than the diameter of the screw's thread?

Any help that someone who has installed this can provide would be GREATLY appreciated.

Cheers,
Tim

Old 05-15-2004, 05:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It may be applicable for you to replace the existing hardware with self-tapping sheet metal screws, thereby bypassing the need for the nuts alltogether. Hope this helps.

Jerry Wilgus

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How do I install a pro-net tailgate net on a step-side (flareside)?