light bars anybody ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2004, 04:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
light bars anybody ???

i'm interested in getting a light bar, but i really like the bars that go in the bed of the truck and put the lights up around top of cab level. i don't know where to get them, what they're called (is it obvious ), or where i can get one cheap (prolly ebay if i knew what they were called)? thanks for any info/pics i can get?

Old 04-18-2004, 04:39 AM
You could go with a roll bar from pretty much any truck accessory website (or store), but you will pay 300-400 bucks for it. Plus it may be extra for the lightbar mount (not to mention that you have to buy the lights). There is also an item called a headache rack . Nice, but some obstruct your whole back window, plus it makes your truck look like a state vehicle. You could also get whats called a backrack . These are about the same as a headache rack, IMHO. These are nice because you can buy mounting kits for different things. They are used on alot of city and state vehicles, not to mention firefighter vehicles. Hope this helps!! Just make sure you shop around before you buy. You can get some good deals as long as you "browse" first.

Old 04-18-2004, 04:42 AM
Just noticed you were from Columbus.....I live in Delaware myself. If you like the backrack, go to D & M Distributors on Hudson St. They can order it specially for your vehicle. No holes to drill or anything. Will run you about 300 (if I remember correctly). Good luck!!

Old 04-18-2004, 09:40 AM
Thumbs up thanks

thanks for the info... i'll check around and see what i can find... good to find another buckeye on the site (i actually used to live on off hudson st). i've gotten pretty good at "browsing" with the addition of a wife and on a totally unrelated subject... you ever do any offroading... if yes, where at? i'm looking for something reasonably close to give it a try. thanks again

Old 04-18-2004, 03:32 PM
Havent been able to find any good spots around here yet. Maybe a few friends house's, but I usually just go out to my parents house. They have about 36 acres of woods and mud, so it can get fun really fast.

Old 05-15-2004, 06:07 AM
Lightbulb

If you're looking for a lightbar that mounts behind the cab, and goes to the top of the cab, a BackRack would be just what you're looking for. Thay run about $230, and do not require drilling, and look very nice. You can see it at www.backrack4trucks.com

Jerry Wilgus

Quick Reply: light bars anybody ???