how to run wire into driver's door?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2002, 07:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how to run wire into driver's door?

After looking under my dash I can't even see where the hell the grommet is that goes to the door. Could someone please tell me how they did it and give some hints.

Old 01-20-2002, 08:20 PM
if you stick your head under the dash you will see the emergency brake ratchet assembly....its silver.... it is right behind there....if you have small hands reach over it and then down behind it and you will feel the pocket....the easiest way is to pull the boot lips out from the door and the cab...they pop back in

Old 01-21-2002, 01:35 AM
Yep start by running a fish wire through the grommet in the door side first then sending it through the hole where the grommet goes. Then get a set of needle nose pliers long ones and grab the end of the fish wire and pull like hell. thats how i had to do it. All i can say is i tried to do it by being nice and taking it easy but for that job its gonna take brute force.

Good Luck Syeth

Old 01-24-2002, 04:18 AM
This was actually pretty easy for me, the trick was to get a coathanger and make a small loop in the end, to which I tied some string. Then (and this was the big trick) I lubricated the end of the hanger with a high quality silicone grease, and pushed the hanger in from under the dash. It was the lube that did the trick, as once I did that it slid right in with almost no problems. Lastly, yes, I realize what that last part sounds like, so get your minds out of the gutter Hope that helps.

Quick Reply: how to run wire into driver's door?