Where to put the CD changer?

Old 01-18-2002, 05:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Where to put the CD changer?

OK, I bought a 6-disc changer and got a free 18 ft (!) cable in the deal and I thought I was gonna be able to drop this into my truck without a problem. Yeah, right... hehe

The problem is that in the extended/Supercab, the rear seats (which I wouldn't want anyone riding in for longer than about 10 minutes) fold down flat for interior room to haul stuff. That ability means that the front lip of the seat itself, as it is pivoted down to lie flat, goes under the frame and reduces the amount of space under there. So much so, as it turns out, that there's not enough room to place the changer. Is the room under the back part of the split bench front seats the only place I can stash the changer so that it won't be casually seen and then casually ripped off?

I'm about to the point where I've decided that putting the changer under the back seat on the driver's side is the only option and I'll just have to lose the ability to haul anything there without it actually resting on the fabric covered seat.

Any ideas are appreciated!

Old 01-19-2002, 09:35 AM
What front seats do you have? if captain chairs then the changer could fit in the "box" between the seats or in front of the center section under a panel you make to fit. I'll get a picture from my truck and try and post it.

Old 01-19-2002, 01:07 PM
Thanks for responding...

Tried e-mailing you, but the message bounced. Says something about you're not accepting emails from my email address?

Anyways, I have the 60/40 front seat with the fold-down armrest. I'll try to get out with the digital camera and take a picture of it this afternoon. I say "try" becayuse we're getting a bit of snow here in the DC area today.

Old 01-19-2002, 06:39 PM
OK, here it is...

Sorry for the cab being dirty in the picture, but we got some snow and I wasn't able to clean the cab before the picture was taken.

Old 01-19-2002, 06:47 PM
Re: OK, here it is...

Originally posted by Rapier
Sorry for the cab being dirty in the picture, but we got some snow and I wasn't able to clean the cab before the picture was taken.

what about under the drivers side seat easy to get too

Old 01-19-2002, 07:00 PM
Yeah...

While I thought about the driver's side, it will have to face the rear because the unit is wider than the seat adjustment bar. I haven't looked on the passenger side yet, but I'd bet it is the same width there as well.

I guess I was just looking for options that perhaps other had mounted their changer someplace other than under the front seats.

Thanks for the response...

Old 01-19-2002, 07:03 PM
the only other way is to modify or make your center console on the floor

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Where to put the CD changer?