Stereo Install

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2001, 07:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Stereo Install

I have a 1998 ford expy and i am trying to install my cd-player, but I can't get the trim around the stock deck off. I can pull it off, but the 4x4 switch is attached. How do I take it off?

Also, will I need a wire harness to use my cd player or will they just connect? (I have the premium stereo)

Someone PLEASE ANSWER!!!

Old 12-26-2001, 11:00 PM
Just grab that sucker and pull!

If you turn your heater deflectors, you'll be able to get a finger grip on the trim. Pull and it will pop right off without damage. There should be enough slack in the harness to allow you to get to the radio.

As for the installation of the radio, the harnesses are pretty much the same for all systems. Yours should be a plug and play.

Oh, you do have the removal tools for the radio, don't you? If not, you'll need 'em.

I just replaced my AM/FM/Cassette unit with one that can control a CD Changer. Now to find one of the 10 disc units...

Old 12-26-2001, 11:11 PM
Banned for Violation of Vendor Rules
if you install an aftermarket head unit, you will need a wiring harness if you do not want to cut off the ford connector to your cars wiring harness. The wiring harness that comes off of the head unit will need to be connected to each wire that it corresponds to. If you don't get a wiring harness the factory connector will have to be cut and you will have to keep the head unit in the vehicle if you sell it later on. Personally it is worth the extra $15.00 for the wiring harness and it eases installation.

Quick Reply: Stereo Install