Sony CDX-M610

Old 12-25-2001, 01:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Sony CDX-M610

does this head unit not work well in trucks? The people at Best Buy said that it skips a lot when you hit bumps and is not worth getting. I like it, but i figured i would ask yall.

Old 12-26-2001, 01:59 AM
I own this Sony model and I also work at Best Buy. Most of the people they throw in Car Audio don't know squat. I, on the other hand, can offer you some valid advice. Out of the models that Best Buy carries, the Sony and Pioneer models are the best to go with. Sony has a better tuner (AM/FM reception), and is very user friendly. Not to mention the way this thing looks at night! Pioneer generally has a little more power, but can get a little confusing for the average person. Pioneer is also the only brand that Best Buy carries that is capable of receiving XM radio (satellite radio). If you want, I can take a picture of the Sony installed in my '98 and e-mail it to you. Good luck.

Old 12-26-2001, 02:22 PM
Thumbs up sony

I have the m770 which is about the same. Mine has never skipped and I love this receiver, everything about it is awesome.
Good luck

Old 12-27-2001, 06:34 PM
sonycdx-m610

I also have this deck and you can't beat the performance. I feel the suspension isn't a good as some decks but, the quality is good. Just don't hit any bumps. The only thing I don't like is the way you can't go to track 1 after the last track on the cd, and you can't got to preset 1 after preset 6 on the tuner.

Old 12-27-2001, 08:59 PM
I got a m610 sitting in my room i took it out of my truck and replaced it with a kenwood excelon x917. The sony looks nice but the kenwood is a much better cd player by far. The m610 does skip quite often thats why i replaced it. I plan on putting some heavy duty sound in mine so i needed something that did not skip. I am currently trying to sell the m610 $275 any takers ? It works fine and depending if i mess with it it might come with a burnt copy of dave mathews band every day heheh. forgot to take it out befor replacing the cd player.

Anyways i got mine from circuit city got boned payed 380 for it
Good Luck Syeth

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sony CDX-M610