20gig Plug in MP3 player for Ford Trucks !

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2001, 07:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 20gig Plug in MP3 player for Ford Trucks !

If you want this, please signup on their website so that they can see our interest. They are making their units compatible based on the sign up sheet and make of car, etc.

www.phatnoise.com Go to Priority Mailing List.

Basically, this will plug in place of our factory cd-changer, etc AND you can control it with your factory radio, including making play lists etc.

Check out their website... www.phatnoise.com

They have only released it for Audi, BMW, Honda, and VW thus far I think we can get them to do it for Ford very very soon... Please get your friends to sign up!

Regards!
Dean

Old 12-19-2001, 11:38 PM
That looks cool. The compatibility chart lists the Visteon M100. Is that the replacement for our trucks? From the looks of their setup, the radio will need to have text capability. They would need to have a separate display if they want to make it compatible with all factory radios. Although it would be cool to have a 4" display adapter that would do visualization like Winamp.

Old 12-20-2001, 12:21 AM
I've been waiting for this for a while. The addition of Visteon to their list of supported vendors is recent, so there seems to be development work going on.

From everything I have been reading, as long as the OEM deck in your truck is CDDJ-compatible (can drive an OEM CD-changer) it should be compatible with the Phatbox. You shouldn't need the M100 model in particular, but you may not be able to view the songnames if your deck isn't text compatible.

Anyway, since my addition of a CD-6 in-dash changer, I've been anxiously awaiting the Phatbox release.

Old 12-20-2001, 12:24 AM
Please forward to your friends and encourage them to sign up on the Priority List!

That's the only way to get them up to speed quicker! They state that they chose which MFG that they were going to do based on the priority list... So..it appears BMW, Audi, VW, Honda had a lot of interested owners....

If we could just get every F-150 owner to respond...WOW !

Old 12-20-2001, 09:37 AM
personally for mp3's, this is what im doing:

Blaupunkt Tokyo
Blaupunkt 5 Disc Indash AC09 changer
Blaupunkt DVD-ME1 CD/DVD/MP3 Player w/Remote & Remote Eye Cable

If you have a monitor, then you can take advantage of the DVD side of the ME1

All of the above can be had for 540 and some change, plus shipping.

The "phatbox" is an 800 unit, that relies on harddrive technology... something that is not really a good idea yet... even with good dampening, head crashes will occur...

Its a neat looking box though....

Course these are my opinions....

Old 12-20-2001, 09:52 AM
looks familiar

http://www.iomega.com/peerless/index.html

Iomega has a similar product. Looks to have the same disk and usb cradle. It just looks like PhatNoise added the computer to put in the trunk.

Old 12-21-2001, 10:40 AM
Visteon is launching their own similar device which will be a plug and play replacement for the factory changer. This was discussed a while ago.

Old 12-21-2001, 01:23 PM
It's the same device. Visteon is working with Phatbox to develop the system for Ford applications.

Quick Reply: 20gig Plug in MP3 player for Ford Trucks !