Factory CD Player

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2001, 05:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry Factory CD Player

My CD player quit working in my truck today I put a CD in the player it would make a ratttling sound then the disk would go in and out a little bit for about a minute then it would come out like you hit the ejct button I tried many CD's and they all do the same thing. The truck has 43400 plus miles on it so it is out of warranty any idea's on how to make it work again. I need to get new tires soon so I wont have any extra money for a new CD player anytime soon and I don't want to pay the dealers high price just to look at it.

Old 11-30-2001, 06:09 PM
Some how the problem solved itself as it played a CD this morning on my way to work the only thing I can figure is the unit got hot yesterday as it was raining had the lights on and the defroster going to keep my windows from fogging up the top of the dash was very hot yestrday when I went to pull down my radar detector so it wouldn't get stolen when I parked it for the night at my Apartment complex.

Old 12-04-2001, 05:21 PM
Angry Its doing it again

I t has to be something other than heat making it act up as the truck was sitting for an hour or so when I was out doing stuff today well when I was ready to head back home I decided to change out CD's and when I put in the new one it wouldn't play it was doing like it did the other day this factory CD player is starting to **** me off.

Old 12-08-2001, 03:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey I just removed the CD player from my truck, and have it lying around. If you want get tired of your defective one and want to replace it, then you can buy mine if you want.

e-mail me at Micahb00@hotmail.com

-thanks

Old 12-08-2001, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the offer But I think I'll jut go ahead and get an aftermarket one sometime after the 1st of the year and live with this one until then as my tires are the nuber one thing that needs to be replaced right now sometime in the next 2 weeks then I can start saving a some money for a new stero for the truck.

Old 12-08-2001, 07:56 PM
I've noticed on my cd player that if you are using the heater it will stop working. It will display cd is hot. I will be putting an after market in soon.

Old 09-14-2005, 04:49 PM
I have the same problem with my Ford cd player (00 f-150) and I feel that this is a heat related problem....With mine, the only times that I can change cds is in the morning when the cab/cd player is cool.....otherwise you can forget it...maybe when it cools off later this year this thing will work properly again.

Note: almost all of my cds are CDR's

I read in another post that Ford installed an amplifier on the head unit so that will also factor into our problems......

Note: texas heat is hard on equipment....

Old 09-23-2005, 03:21 PM
I have a 2004 F150 Supercrew Lariat that has the am/fm cass cd player and it always jams up after highway driving longer than an hour. The cd will play but will not eject when it gets hot. If I let the radio play for a bit it sometimes helps. Any suggestions? Will Ford replace the stereo if it's still under warranty? Is it even going to help to replace it with another if it will do the same thing?

Quick Reply: Factory CD Player