Pioneer DEH-9300

Old 11-28-2001, 06:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pioneer DEH-9300

Has anybody had any experience with the Pioneer 9300? I am looking for a nice, high end cd player, and I like the looks of this one and it seems to be very nice. Any reply would be helpful.

Old 11-28-2001, 08:25 PM
DEH-9300

Hope you got alot of time. This radio does so much chit, it's unbelievable. You'll be reading for hours, but well worth it. One feature it comes with is XM, which is digital music from a satellite. 24/7 music with over 100 stations. You'll find out later about that anyway. I've been thru 3 radios in the last year. Just been upgrading the whole time. I've been waiting for Pioneer to come out this new radio. I love it.

Old 11-29-2001, 12:47 AM
If money isn't a concern, look at the Pioneer DEX-P1 or the newer P9. I am about to finish my install with the P1 and I'll try to get some pics up. I have used this radio before, and it is the chit! I honestly don't think there is a better radio on the market.

If you are interested in the XM or Sirrus radio, I know that both Pioneer and Sony have systems that are compatible with any and all radios, and I am pretty sure that as soon as Sirrus launches, they will have a similar product available.

Just my 2 cents!!

Old 11-30-2001, 09:15 AM
What was the total cost of the Head Unit and that equalizer? I like the look of that, but I dont know if I can afford it. Does it really make a difference in sound?

Old 11-30-2001, 10:43 AM
JasonG,

Between the radio an the EQ, it ran me $800.00. The radio has it's on EQ, but the reason why I went with an external EQ was to have control at my finger tips. I'm sure you know that all music doesn't sound the same, CD's play different. Instead of going thru the whole program of the radio to get to the EQ, you can adjust it without touching the radio. You can adjust as needed, an keep you eyes on the road. But, I do use the other features that it has, just not it's EQ. I have the XM box, an antenna ordered from my local shop whom I only deal with. As far as sound. The 9300 comes with 3 sets of preamp outputs at 4 volts. That pretty good, there's better. The most I've seen is 5.5 volts. The higher the number the clearer the music. The way I have my system, it's pretty clear. Even cranked up. Does it really make a difference in sound? I went from the Pioneer DEH-4300 to this. Yes, I heard the difference. I've been thru alot of radio's in my time. In my vehicles, they all have to have a system. One of the most important mods to me. I just don't grab any component an throw it in there, it's got to be planned. Hope this helps. Here's what I got.

*Pioneer DEH-9300 Head Unit
*Pioneer EQ-6500 10-Channel Equalizer
*4-Pioneer TS-P682 6x8 2-Way Components Speakers
*2-Pioneer TS-A6995 6x9 4-Way Speakers
*2-Pioneer P-22 1" Tweeters
*Pioneer TS-WX65A Amplified 6 1/2" Sub
*Pioneer GM-X924 65 Watt 4-Channel Amp
*Planet Audio PA-1502 75 Watt 2-Channel

Old 11-30-2001, 08:26 PM
Hey Ram Air, I noticed the Planet Audio amp, where did you get that from? We used to rep Planet and you are the first person on here that I have seen with it.

Old 12-02-2001, 11:10 AM
12Vrep,

I got it at a local custom shop in my area. I get all my stuff there. I wanted another amp, so I was gonna order another Pioneer. I didn't like the way the amps looked. The Pioneer amp I got 2 years ago, an the 2001 models don't even come close comparision. It seemed like Pioneer got away from making quality amps. An I know Planet Audio has good stuff. So I went with PA. I actually really like this PA amp. It puts some good power out, an not overly expensive. I"ll be upgrading again soon. This time I'll be going to Pioneers top-of-the-line amps, the Premiers. Nice amps. Until then, I'm happy with what I got now.

Old 12-04-2001, 02:15 AM
amps

have u guys hear of an amp called ZAPCO? its a realy good amp

Old 12-10-2001, 10:49 AM
which is better? the pioneer premier 930 or the pioneer deh 9300? Both look the same and i found where they are both the same price.

Old 12-10-2001, 11:43 AM
JasonG,

They're both the same radio. The only difference is the Pioneer comes with a 1 year warranty, the Premier comes with a 2 year warranty. An, of coarse the name, an a 10 dollar difference.

Last edited by RAM AIR; 12-10-2001 at 11:54 AM.
Old 12-10-2001, 07:00 PM
aight, thats what I was thinking. I found both of them at a place for the same price, my best bet would be to go with the premier right?

Old 12-10-2001, 07:36 PM
JasonG,

I would. An extra year of warranty for the same price. Sounds like a good deal to me. It's a really nice radio, you'll enjoy it. Good-luck with it.

Old 12-11-2001, 11:01 AM
Alright, well I will be ordering the cd player today. Did you install yours on your own? I dont know if I should try and do the install myself or have it put in. Anybody that has put in a cd player in their truck I might need their advice in the coming week. Also, does the cd player come with some kind of mounting bracket which fills up the empty space around the head unit? I know its a single DIN and there will be some space left over around it.

Old 12-11-2001, 11:25 AM
JasonG,

It's easy to install. You'll need an installation kit an a wire harness. The harness is to factory specs, so it's easy. The install kit is made by Metra, as well is the harness. All you have to do with the harness is match up the colors. It comes with the instructions an the harness is made for that perticular truck. Best Buys, Circuit City, or any custom radio shop will have them. The only thing you'll have to do is, when you take the stock radio out, there's a metal brace behind the radio you'll have to remove. Other then that, your in. Where I have my EQ at is where there's a pocket where you can put stuff. I've seen some kits that have the hole there, but no pocket, it's just an open space. That's why I said get the Metra, I know it has the pocket. The kit is universal, you can either put the radio on top, or the bottom.

Old 12-11-2001, 11:31 PM
Aight, well I just ordered it. I'll probably try and find that kit you were talkin about somewhere. The rents are gettin me this for christmas, so now I just have to convince them to let me go ahead and install it haha. Thanks for the info though. I got the Premier DEH-930 for $464, that includes shipping and handling.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pioneer DEH-9300