Head Unit Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2001, 08:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Head Unit Replacement

Ok - its time to upgrade my system in my 98 250 SC

I have already decided on the speakers - polks EX572's front & rear.

Question should I put in some tweeters in the kick panels??

I was in Circut City today and found a nice head unit that is MP3 compatable -(just got a new dell pc with all the toys so I will be burning) I already have a factory 6 disk chngr - salesman says everything must be replaced for compatability reasons?? Can someone tell me if that is BS or what?

I was hoping to get away with just chng out the head unit & speakers for some better sound - however if I have to r/r the chngr I will go for the 10 disk kenwood ($149.00)

With installation(MP3/CD/am/f/ 47x4 HU & 10 dsk chngr & 4 ex693's)everything will run about $800.00

Thanks in advance for all opinions

Old 11-20-2001, 09:27 PM
The salesperson at CC was right. Your new head unit will not be able to talk to the old cd changer. Your new head unit will be looking for a cd changer from it's own brand inorder to work. It speaks it's own language that only an after marker cd changer will communicate with. I know this sucks but there really isn't much you can do. I don't think there is any kind of an adaptor for it but hey, look online and see what you can find.

Old 11-20-2001, 09:32 PM
MP3 kenwood HU

heres a link to the HU mentioned in my previous post - I know that there must be others who are into MP3's

http://hardware.mp3.com/hardware/ind...html:rolleyes:

Quick Reply: Head Unit Replacement